Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

TE at the SLO Wildflower this weekend?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anyone else coming to the Wildflower? I'll be there bright and early Saturday am! Brandy from the foggy Los Osos - this is in your neck of the woods, or are you off making sand sculptures? Tokie

I wave a virtual hello! I wanted to sneak in, but the bike's still in the shop and I am still limited. Tell me about it afterwards!
    Be yourself, to the extreme!

I think you should be glad that SadieKate isn't doing it this year ... if she were, the temps this weekend would be in the hundreds.

Heh heh, I found it:
    The biggest lesson learned: do not let SK and Bubba ever pre-reg for a Wildflower ride, EVER. The one and only time we’ve ridden the Chico Wildflower there were record high temps. So just be warned. Don’t sign up unless you know that we haven’t.

The full story about her SLO Wildflower adventure a couple of years ago be here

Have fun Tokie (sans SadieKate)!
    Last edited by jobob; 04-23-2009 at 11:03 AM.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

asleep at the keyboard!

Hi! Sadie Kate should have pre-registered for us - it was kind of chilly all day and I needed heat training for the Kern Women's Stage Race in Bakersfield coming up in 2 weeks - it's usually in the 100's for that. There were lots of lupine on the Pozo loop part of the ride, and without the extreme heat, riders did really well (no running out of water at the sags and non-stop sagging riders ahead). Lots of nice riders everywhere. but we stayed at the Atascadero Motel 6 the night before. When the bars closed, some local young drunk people came there to spend the night too. the police came and went between 1 and 3 am before they finally carted one of them off and things quieted down. No more Motel 6 for me! tokie

Oh good, I was wondering how your ride went!

Bummer about the Motel 6 though.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Oh, hey - JoBob - Get better soon - so sorry to hear about your crash, but it sounds like you are doing better than anyone would have expected, you tough cookie! Take care! Tokie