Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Gahhh - what an awful experience! I hope you heal up soon, and completely, and get your life back.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Great to hear from you. What a dreadful thing to be going through. I hope the settlement and your recovery both go well.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Glad to hear you're making progress both physically and legally.

Slightly off topic, I was out riding on a paved trail and saw a loose dog running with his owner. As I slowed down he grabbed the dog - it was the president of our bike club
    Dar

Heal quick

Thanks for the update. I've been wondering how you were. It's amazing how stupid people can be when animals are involved. I hope you can get some relief for your sleeping. I can only recommend a temperpedic bed. After my husbands back surgery, that thing is the best. Could be included as a medical expense. I have a bad lower back from a horse wreck, have been given lydocane patches to wear. You might want to ask for some. They really work for localized pain.

Wow

Wow, I have had this happen to me too passing the farm houses by me, come over a hill to find a Black lab ready to get me!
    I wish you well on your recovery, Thanks for the post in my thread
    Tina

After my husbands back surgery, that thing is the best. Could be included as a medical expense.
    you have your insurance bill it to THEIR insurance. Ask the lawyer how to do this. I had to have some special neck pillows after my car accident.

Hang in there kiddo. I'm glad you seem to be able to get around a bit and you're healing pretty quickly. +1 on not settling until you know as much as it's possible to, what the future holds.

Sending my thoughts for a quick and FULL recovery.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Update 5/5/09

I had another x-ray yesterday and the bones are healing very well. I am allowed to "walk" on the crutches for a week. Next week I get to put weight on the left leg and try one crutch or a cane. I can also start driving, swimming (my idea) and PT.

Doctor is a hoot and told my BF that it would be about a year before I can do housework and two years before I can do barn chores. hee hee!

Quote Originally Posted by arielmoon View Post
    One of things that sold me on my attorney is that he is a very active cyclist too.
    Is that one of the boxes to check when searching for an attorney.... "um, excuse me, do you ride a bike? What is your favorite brand of cycling shorts?"

Doctor is a hoot and told my BF that it would be about a year before I can do housework and two years before I can do barn chores. hee hee!
    We wouldn't want you to heal to quickly now would we???

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Maybe the dog and the owner will be put on a leash.
    Beth

Your doctor sounds like a keeper!

Hope you continue to heal quickly. Sending you lots of good karma!!

That's great! You have such an amazing attitude.

Barn chores - do you have horses?

Get well soon! What a crappy situation, I hope everything gets paid for (also future medical bills).

And that thing is still stuck in your sinus cavity?

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE think about your potential future bills. I got hit by a car in September of 2007. Just had to have another surgery about 3 weeks ago to my left knee. Medical bills, treatments, medications all get real expensive. I am so glad I have an attorney. He has helped to keep the bill collectors at bay for all of the treatments that still haven't been paid by the insurance company... long story...litigation, blah, blah, blah...anyway, it is NOT about the money. It IS about your health and needed medical treatment. Prepare for the worst. Get a good attorney. If you get a settlement, put it away until you are fully healed in an interest bearing account. Take care of you. Wishing you the best. Dawn
    "Do or do not. There is no "try." Yoda

Glad you're coming along! Keep it up.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by Fujichants View Post
    Barn chores - do you have horses?

Get well soon! What a crappy situation, I hope everything gets paid for (also future medical bills).

And that thing is still stuck in your sinus cavity?
    Thanks!

Yes, I have a horse and I trade with the farm owner for board by feeding and cleaning a few stalls every day. I am actually thinking about selling him because the people are planning to move next year and I may not be able to find such an affordable deal. Plus I want to focus on cycling and other thing and the poor guy has not been ridden in a long time.

Yes, the dental probe piece is still there. I could never get a surgeon to call me back about it and I didnt want to have to pay to have it taken out.

Quote Originally Posted by invsblwmn View Post
    PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE think about your potential future bills. I got hit by a car in September of 2007. Just had to have another surgery about 3 weeks ago to my left knee. Medical bills, treatments, medications all get real expensive. I am so glad I have an attorney. He has helped to keep the bill collectors at bay for all of the treatments that still haven't been paid by the insurance company... long story...litigation, blah, blah, blah...anyway, it is NOT about the money. It IS about your health and needed medical treatment. Prepare for the worst. Get a good attorney. If you get a settlement, put it away until you are fully healed in an interest bearing account. Take care of you. Wishing you the best. Dawn
    Thank you for the advice. My attorney has similar advice. So sorry to hear you are still having problems.