Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Sorry I just meant for length. If you have a long torso, a normal size sometimes is just too short. Didnt want to offend anyone

You didn't offend anyone! Some jersey brands run longer. Shebeest and Terry are shorter. Sugoi can be all over the place. Castelli and Hincapie can be very long.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

I wear mens jerseys too - I just can't seem to "fit" the womens cut jerseys. I keep tugging at the jersey and I had 1 sleeveless princess seamed and it felt like the jersey was squashing everything up front to the middle!.....I couldn't Wait to take it off!!

You might look at Primal Wear - I wear the mens large in their jerseys and have yet to have Any of their jersey ride up. I own several L/S and 1 S/S and love all 3. *cigh* saving monies up to buy more!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Thumbs up

Thanks so much for the "lead!"

The problems finding womens' jerseys is the same problem I encounter if I try any bike in the WSD model. Just cannot do it!

I feel fine with the fact that I am "taller;" I don't feel fine about the sometimes rather arduous search for clothing that fits!

I have often encountered other tall women (and I am not talking ultra tall) at various clothing stores. I can see the frustration. I sometimes ask the about it and also ask them where they have been able to purchase clothing that fits. A whopping 50% tell me they sew many of their own clothes! (I am definitely not one to sew my own clothing!)

It seems rather odd to me, that in the year 2006, "taller" women still have difficulties finding all types of clothing. (We were allowed to vote over 80 years ago! lol!)

Will continue my search! Will share anything I find!

Enjoy the ride!
    ~Wishing you inner peace and abundant joy~

I am new to biking. As I was reading all of the posts about the jersey, I had to ask myself, and now all of you, what is the benefit to buying an actual biking jersey. I wear bike shorts because the added padding is more comfortable but I just wear a tank top and sports bar otherwise. What would be a comfort benefit to wearing an actual biking jersey, if any? Thanks.

A jersey will wick sweat away from you better than a cotton t-shirt or tank top.....but I know people that wear only one or the other or switch back and forth. Plus jerseys have pockets!!!!!!! and zippers so you can vent for air or close for heat during your ride.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by julbee
    The problems finding womens' jerseys is the same problem I encounter if I try any bike in the WSD model. Just cannot do it!

I feel fine with the fact that I am "taller;" I don't feel fine about the sometimes rather arduous search for clothing that fits!

Julbee,
    Somewhere between the two of us lie "perfect" clothes. I'm 5'2 and nothing ever fits - always too long. And the guys I ride with love to tell me that my WSD is "cute". (I heard a comparison to a kids' bike too. That's just wrong!) Some day they'll be eating my dust............

Lovinlife,
    Where do you ride? We're riding the Trace this weekend. Look out hills, here I come!!

Angry jerseys

OK, related gripe. On jerseys, that is. In all the bike shops I go to, they make womens' jerseys in pastels, flowers, butterflies -- oh-so-cute, lightweight stuff that makes it look like we're sitting down to tea. I have to search for small and extra-small mens' jerseys if I want anything with any real color to it. Why is it that we have to search so hard for kick-***, energetic, LOUD gear? And the female models they use even in gear mags? Skinny, no muscle tone, UGG. It drives me crazy.
    I don't know about you all, but I don't want to look pretty and delicate when I'm on the road. Any good catalogues or online sites out there I should know about?

Hubby solved his jersey rolling up and shorts rolling down issue by buying a pair of PI bibshorts

They have bibshorts for women now too - that might be helpful if you are having either of those issues.

I'm with ya on the PLEASE MAKE US SOME MORE LOUD ROCKIN RACY JERSEYS!!!!! For example: I love the Terry women's team jersey - more stuff that looks like race gear instead of lunch in the park gear but in female oriented colors like that would be fabulous. I have never been a fan of the pale green and dusty rose set....bleccccccch. Must everything made for women resemble a bad bridesmaid ensemble? I have gotten quite a few jerseys here on TE - 2 primals, a hincapie, and then I got really nice team jerseys from riding the MS 150. But ya know, who can't use more jerseys!

Womens jerseys are somewhat reminiscent of cute little ducks on maternity clothes...

I have been in search of a jersey. I hate the women's jerseys with the cute prints and flowers. Who designs these? Men??? A jersey can be feminine without looking like a little girls print.

My problem, "I am well blessed". I have a belly which I am working on But, I am also a 38 D to DD. So, even the XL jerseys are too small. The mens jerseys are large enough, but are too long and the sleeves come down my arms. I have been in search of some nice exercising tanks. Acadamy Sports has some that might work. I checked REI, but their XL was SO SMALL. I'm still looking. At my smallest and lowest body weight, I am still a D. I know I am not the only women out there with this problem. I want to look like a cyclist, not a HOOTERS girl on a bike :P

Quote Originally Posted by BikingAt50
    ...So, even the XL jerseys are too small. ...At my smallest and lowest body weight, I am still a D. I know I am not the only women out there with this problem. I want to look like a cyclist, not a HOOTERS girl on a bike :P
    This may be totally off base, but is it possible that plus size jerseys would work? Or would that fit one part of you and not another? The reason I ask is I just did a search by size on the TE site (click Comparison Charts... Shop by Size), and there are a number of jerseys there in plus sizes - and some of them are on the plain side, but in interesting colors.

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

Confession

I confess: I love the girly stuff.

I just ordered the VeloBella team jersey.

I like the Sunflower stuff by Hincapie and TrashyCat.

The Shebeest pink polka dots (which I wear as much as I can to avoid the farmer's look on my arms).

The Sugoi Allegra.

And my commuting bike is pink.

Just had to write it down. I don't feel less powerful on the bike when I'm wearing the pink polka dots. I must admit that I'm usually the tomboy, so I guess I feel it's cool to have an occasion to wear girly stuff AND non-heels-shoes at the same time. The paradox kinda makes me joyful, makes me feel like I'm flying even higher. YMMV, of course.

Just my .02 cents (Canadian, for what it's worth).

The plus sizes on TE is the first one's I have seen. They might work.

I like the some of the girlie jerseys, but most are "too cute" for me. I guess I have always been a fan of basic colors and designs. Cute little flowers are just not me. Pink polka dots???...hehe...I would like to see that!

I love tanks. I want the sun !

I have the same problem - 40D does not work well with a lot of jerseys. I bought two of the plus size Mt. Borah jerseys from TE and I wear them ALL THE TIME. They have a kind of relaxed fit - no elastic at the bottom (no accentuating the little paunchy belly that I'm working on) - but they're not super baggy or anything. They will zip over the "girls", but with how hot it's been, I ride with them unzipped (over the full-coverage sports bra, of course) and they look fine.

Hope this helps!!

Quote Originally Posted by BikingAt50
    ink polka dots???...hehe...I would like to see that!

I love tanks. I want the sun !
    It's right here on TE and it's on sale (it's last year's design)

Pinkadots

but in XS only unfortunatly.

I bought it at my local store. I thought it was nicer and bolder than this year's hibiscus flowers...