Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho

Question CindySue, CindySue where are you?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've been looking for CindySue's adventure report...did I miss it? Has anyone heard from her? Did she get swallowed up by a rabid sea otter in Monterey?

I don't think she's back yet. I think they left last weekend, but I'm not sure anymore. Need to go back and check old posts, I guess!!

Okay... like, now I'm getting a little worried! Cindy! Where the heck are you? How was your trip?

oooops! Just found this one...........

I was waiting for crazyguyonabike to get back up. I guess I have no excuses now! I also put a little update in the California section...........

Here it is:

The Santa Barbara trip was great! I started a trip report at crazyguyonabike.com but as you may know the site is down........

The quick and dirty ride report is we did 130 miles the first day: San Francisco to Monterey. The route to Santa Cruz was a breeze. Then we had headwinds all the way to Monterey. I was pedaling down hill. I seriously bonked towards the end and basically drug myself into the hotel in Monterey. The next three days were much lighter. After touring 17 mile drive in Carmel (wow!) we headed to and camped out at Big Sur (50 miles), then it was off to camp at San Simeon (75 miles), then camping at Oceano/Pismo (50 miles), and finally to Santa Barbara (110 miles) where we stayed at the beautiful ocean front Double Tree Hilton Hotel. That night we proceeded into town where we must have ate 30-40 rolls of Sushi between the two of us!

I think my favorite day of the whole trip was day 4. It was a really relaxed day, traveling through the great little coastal communities of Cambria, Cayucos, and Morro Bay (I could SO live in one of these communities!). We stopped at a nice little cafe in Morro Bay and chatted with the friendly owner and one of her patrons about our trip. Then we proceeded to Oceano for the night where we met up with two gentlemen who were also on a tour to Santa Barbara.

On the way back to the Bay Area (rental car) we stopped in Paseo Robles for wine-tasting. Overall a great trip!
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

Cindy Sue- Thanks for your report/story etc. You went through many of the towns we did as well on the AIDS ride. I would love to ride from Monterey to Cambria. Done it in my car many times but never on a bike. Perhaps we should think about a TE ride sometime. Have people meet us at the end to take our bikes home.

Glad you got into Paso Robles. Quirky town, but I still like it anyway! Good wineries, too.

How did the little trailer do? You didn't mention it, so I though I would.

Nancy
    Nancy