Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Howdy?

Howdy?

To disable ads, please log-in.

So...there's no intro area here, or at least I haven't found one...

Anywho, I'm Ashley, 22, from northshore MA. I grew up in the hills of CT, and have been riding since I was 14 or so. I rode an old Gitane and Raleigh for a few years, and got my Trek 1000 for my 16th birthday. It's still my bike now

I moved to MA for school and such, and therefore biking seemed to go out the door with the lack of time. This year, however, I moved back to the town my school is in, and have taken to commuting to school, as well as trying to get back into longer rides.

I go to an art school and kinda scare classmates when they see me in full cycling regalia, but oh well, I enjoy it.

I'm also a car chick...being president of a car club and director of media for the New England Rally, and besides my bike, my car is my baby. I do almost all the mechanical work on her ('93 Mazda MX-6) and completed an engine/trans swap two years ago. I'm somewhat of the school mechanic, bike and car-wise.

I'm a freelance designer/photographer, so expect lots of pictures from me about random things

Annnd here we go:

The bike (who needs a name!)

The car (Macy)

Me back in '02 at the Tour de Torrington

And here I am, under the car, the only one working on the car, surrounded by four guys...

I have a lot of websites, not sure if anyones interested but here they are...

Freelance design etc
    http://redd-design.com

My personal 'hobby' site
    http://redd-design.com/redd/index.htm

Car Club
    http://newenglandtc.com/

My car's blog
    http://zoomzoommacy.blogspot.com

I look forward to becoming a very active member on here...been awhile since I was on a board that wasn't car related
    - Ashley aka Redd
    Redd-Design REDD Road-Ryder

welcome to TE! We do have a welcome thread in the new riders section, but this works fine, you posted pictures even! (so many newbies d0n't!)
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Welcome. Loved the pics. Now we can ask you questions about our cars?
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington

haha sure. i'm pretty knowledgeable about cars in general, not just my own

thanks for the welcome.
    - Ashley aka Redd

Welcome to TE!

Welcome redd. Its a great little forum (though not so little, its grown hugely since i joined - I think there were only about 6-7 forums!)

Why aren't you on your trek in the Tour de Torrington? I'm looking for the Trek... but can't see it anywhere... so you are both somewhere in the pic but obscured by everyone else?

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Hi reddDesign! Your Trek is the baby sister/brother to my Trek!

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showt...ight=meet+onyx
    Andrea

1988 Bridgestone mixte
    2002 Trek 2200
    2011 Surly Long Haul Trucker

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRaven View Post
    Welcome redd. Its a great little forum (though not so little, its grown hugely since i joined - I think there were only about 6-7 forums!)

Why aren't you on your trek in the Tour de Torrington? I'm looking for the Trek... but can't see it anywhere... so you are both somewhere in the pic but obscured by everyone else?
    haha...I'm in the center of the pic, red hair, silver helmet, on the green raleigh That pic was a few months before I got the trek.

Now that I look at it...I'm still using the same helmet and jersey...uhg...time for new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ASammy1 View Post
    Hi reddDesign! Your Trek is the baby sister/brother to my Trek!

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showt...ight=meet+onyx
    ahh yeah! I think my bikes a guy...he's very cranky sometimes...
    - Ashley aka Redd

Hey, I think you have Fern's cousin! I was thinking I recognized that green and those chrome socks.

Welcome to the site! If I'm up to the northshore, I'll let you know. Let us know if you make it out to metrowest.

PS- I like working on cars too.
    Support me in my fight against MS as I ride the Cape Cod Getaway MS150! Marian's Marauders Team Page

Quote Originally Posted by mayanorange View Post
    Hey, I think you have Fern's cousin! I was thinking I recognized that green and those chrome socks.

Welcome to the site! If I'm up to the northshore, I'll let you know. Let us know if you make it out to metrowest.

PS- I like working on cars too.
    Yup similar indeed. I don't have a car rack so coming down to the metro area is pretty much out of the question, but let me know if you're ever up here! Do you know what the policies of bikes on trains are?

Here's a list of the bikes I've owned...I still own all but the Centurion.

Gitane mixte frame. This was my first 'road' bike. Picked it up off the side of the road in CT and rode it for a year or so. Did the 30 miles TdT in '01 on it. It's REALLY heavy!

Raleigh Grand Prix. My second road bike...bought for $10 with a bad derailleur. Swapped on one from my brothers old 5-speed mtn bike and road for a year, including the 50 mile TdT in '02.

Columbia something. This used to be my grandmi's bike that I put some work into. Three-speed gears, and 15" tires.

Centurion somethingorother. Picked this off the side of the road for free, added new tires and was good for a commuter back in freshman year. I ended up leaving it at Chapman street for the next person.

2002 Trek 1000. My baby... received as a birthday present in '02 (I was 16). Been on many many rides, and many more to come.

Newest pic of the Trek with Macy. Since the last pic...new pedals (SPD instead of Look) and got the speedometer working.
    - Ashley aka Redd

That's a great bike collection!

Is Macy a hatchback? Many times you can get them in if you pop the front wheel off. I think bikes aren't officially allowed on the subway trains, but are definitely allowed on the commuter rail on 'off peak' hours. Works for me because I reverse commute out to Worcester, but it is somewhat limited.
    Support me in my fight against MS as I ride the Cape Cod Getaway MS150! Marian's Marauders Team Page

Welcome to TE! What a great collection.. thanks for sharing your pics!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "I never made "Who's Who"- but sure as hell I made "What's That??..."

Quote Originally Posted by mayanorange View Post
    That's a great bike collection!

Is Macy a hatchback? Many times you can get them in if you pop the front wheel off. I think bikes aren't officially allowed on the subway trains, but are definitely allowed on the commuter rail on 'off peak' hours. Works for me because I reverse commute out to Worcester, but it is somewhat limited.
    Macy is not a hatchback, but a regular coupe. I've tried...believe me I've tried, but there's no fitting the bike in. I can't do a trunk rack since there's no space to attach to, and a roof rack would cost more then my bike did since it's a frameless door.

Quote Originally Posted by tctrek View Post
    Welcome to TE! What a great collection.. thanks for sharing your pics!
    Thanks If there's one thing I'm good at it's taking pics and documenting. I have a crackberry so I'm constantly taking pics and uploading to Facebook.
    - Ashley aka Redd

With that kind of collection, you are going to fit in just fine here!
    Andrea

1988 Bridgestone mixte
    2002 Trek 2200
    2011 Surly Long Haul Trucker