Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

I want to be Denise right now. I'm getting hungry for lobster rolls.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    Please write about the B&Bs you stay at - especially the hosts and the breakfast! We like to go up to that area if we're spending more than a week at home.
    V -
    I've included a review of both the Oceanside Meadows Inn (Prospect Harbor) and Harbor House on Sawyer Cove (B&B) in my trip journal. The page describing them is here.

If (or maybe I should say when) I'm in the area again, I would happily return to either place.

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

Thanks!

It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

V.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

V.
    I did! Now I just have to finish uploading pictures to my journal. I'll post a note here when I'm done...

How is Thom doing? Are you still planning to head to Maine this month?

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseGoldberg

How is Thom doing? Are you still planning to head to Maine this month?

--- Denise
    He's no longer using the sling and is able to type some, the doc said he was okay to play the piano, but that REALLY hurt. He's getting some range of motion back. So coming along.

Yep, my 20th reunion is July 30th. We're thinking hard about bringing the tandem. It has S&S couplers so can be carried as luggage. I think we should ride to visit family.

V.

TandemHearts.com

Have fun V. My family and I will be on Vinalhaven July 19-27th then up to Acadia for some camping, biking, oh and popovers and tea at the Jordan Pond House. Can't go to Acadia without a stop there.

We're only going back for a week, so I think any real touristy stuff is unlikely to happen. My brother and two sisters who still live in Maine have been redoing my mom's house. She had really let the place go - lots of water damage from a leaky roof, pipes that had burst... the whole bathroom had to be replaced. So far our only contribution has been to pay for the two dumpsters that were required to get rid of a lot of the junk she had. This is the first weekend since the beginning of May that they haven't worked on her house - and it's still not done!

I've never been to Vinalhaven. You'll have to post pictures. I am really looking forward to Italians, lobster rolls and cream horns.

V.

TandemHearts.com

Pictures!

If you'd like to see photos from my tour, you can find them in my smugmug gallery "Wandering by bike in Downeast Maine - June 2005" at http://denise.smugmug.com/Travel/89603.

I've split the photos into 4 separate galleries with the hopes that you would be able to enjoy the different parts of my trip. The galleries are:
    • From Ellsworth to Mt. Desert Island & to the east along the coast.
    • Acadia National Park - including both the main part of the park on Mt. Desert Island, and the Schoodic Penninsula which is a little further to the east
    • Puffins and razorbills and terns! From my visit to Machias Seal Island. The birds were incredible!
    • Campobello Island - a quick venture into New Brunswick, Canada to visit FDRs summer home and to just explore the island. Interesting that the only bridge to this island in Canada is from the United States.

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

and more pictures!

I've finished adding photos to my journal, and while there is some overlap between the photos in my smugmug gallery and those in the journal - there are also photos in both places that are not in the other.

http://denise2005downeast.crazyguyonabike.com

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

I always enjoy your photos--great nature photography! Your pictures take us along for the ride. Thanks for sharing.