Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Just moved up a level

To disable ads, please log-in.

I was a beginner intermediate level rider until today, I just moved up to upper intermediate. (yes, i still fall over in my clips in traffic). In 30 weeks I rode 1000k, and in the last 10 weeks, I rode 1000k, and the more I ride, the more I love it. Today we went to the paramo (aka altiplano). Started at my house which is 2600m above sea level, the next 6 k were a 415m rise (about a 1000 feet), then some ups and down, and at 50k we started the ascent to the paramo 12k of going about 7-10k, slow pedaling, lots of wind, but some of the most spectacular scenery in the world. AND I MADE IT! I love love love climbing hills. Who would have thought, I was the girl who walked her bike up any tiny hill. I have been riding seriously for a year, I wish I had started 15 years ago. I can't get over how much I like it! AND while I am gushing, I love this site, it is truly supportive and informative and fun and gratifying

Hey congratulations!

Now we want to see some pictures of the paramo with the spectacular scenery...
    Keep climbing!
    E.'s website: www.earchphoto.com

2005 Bianchi 928C L'Una RC
    2010 BMC SLX01 racemaster
    2008 BMC TT03 Time Machine
    Campy Record and SSM Aspide naked carbon on all bikes

Quote Originally Posted by tribogota View Post
    ... and the more I ride, the more I love it.
    I have been riding seriously for a year, I wish I had started 15 years ago. I can't get over how much I like it! AND while I am gushing, I love this site, it is truly supportive and informative and fun and gratifying
    So great to hear. I started racing nearly 3 years ago, on my bike about 4. I wish I had never stopped when I was 18.
    Welcome to our addiction!

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Will try to remember a camera next time!