Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Anyone racing the Sea Otter?(Monterey Cali)

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi everyone! I'm signed up for the cat 4 circuit race and road race. I guess the circuit race is one fabulous adrenaline rush on the Laguna Seca Race Track! Can I look for any fellow TE'ers? Tokie

Hey there Tokie... just wondering if there is a website to this - it has a very cool name.
    Obviously I won't be racing it as I am on the other side of the planet - but I would be interested in knowing the courses and distance/s.
    All the best for when ever it is.
    Rave

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Hey Tokie! I'm racing the XC mountain bike race. Three of my girls will be racing the road race with you.

We've also got team members working at the GU booth and the Tri-Flow booth, so stop by and say hello.

The circuit race is tough, but it's a blast zooming down the corkscrew -- enjoy!

Lorri

Sea Otter is a huge 4 day bike festival - I hesitate to call it just a race, because there is much more.
    As far as racing goes there are road and mt. bike events.
    www.seaotterclassic.com
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Hi Lorri! I met you last spring at the Kern (the pink cast on my hand, I wasn't racing!) I will look for you and your girl peeps! Tokie

Thanks for that Eden. Have been able to have a slow look around on my *$*$U&$ dial-up. Will have a proper look when I am in town on someone elses broad band.

Ceetainly doesn't look like its for the faint-hearted. I'm well-impressed Tokie and Lorrie.
    Well-impressed.

Sea Otter Results!

Hi everyone! The 2009 Sea Otter was a blast! I came in 12th in the cat 4 circuit race - you are right Lorrie, the corkscrew descent was really really fun! and I got 11th in the cat 4 road race - that one was tough! this is my second race season - although last year's was cut short by my broken thumb - and the first year I haven't been paralyzed by fear of descending. So it is the first race season that I have been able to "stay in" races - very, very fun! Now I'm in training for the Kern! tokie

Sea Otter 2009

Congratulations on your race! I decided to check out the event this weekend, the weather was so fantastic. Here are some pictures from one of the races on Friday SeaOtter41709. I also wanted to try out my new camera.

The shopping/swag was not bad either, managed to snag a new silk and merino wool Luna jersey and gloves, some free Action Wipes and a pound of delicious Kinetic Koffee (Morning Mayhem blend).

Cheers!

Well done Tokie!
    I became quickly 'addicted' to racing, though not quite in your otter-style!
    Glad you are able to 'stay with', and that you are the master of your own descents.
    Congratulations on your placings.

Thank you Road Raven! Even though I was mid-pack, I feel like I came in first place in both races - the glow is still with me, and I really am looking forward to more racing with alot more confidence!