Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

New baby Seven...

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm done with the "Crazy Driver" thread, as I want to move forward and far away from that whole, painful and frustrating experience.

I've just started the process of getting a new Seven, to replace the one that the ditwad driver destroyed right out from under me almost a year ago.
    Nothing can really replace that sweetest of rides, however I am working on my comeback to the road and so I want a comeback Seven too!
    lalalalala...figurative happy dance, till my still-kinda-sore-and-recovering-legs can literally bounce around w/o pain again
    Tailwinds!
    Mary

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    What good news!!!!
    We want regular progress reports on the new baby!
    Lisa
    Our bikes...OurBikes...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    Ruby's Website and My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

great news! what color, tell me tell me!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    YaHooooo!!!
    So glad to hear you're getting back on the bike again...and a new Seven to boot! Double-Yay!!
    Congrats, and happy riding....
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Yay!!!!!! I'm so happy to hear it. Lots and lots of happy thoughts for you and your baby Seven.

Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Congratulations! We want to see the ultrasounds

Duck on Wheels and I were just at the LBS getting Ruby Tuesday a spa treatment and saw lots of puhrty Sevens there.

I love my bike(s) but hot dayuhm those are nice.

Progress reports, decision processes, color choices then many happy miles.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Ah, excellent...I will be waiting at the bottom of Juanita Hill for you and the comeback Seven any time you desire.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Hey all - dang, you women are fassssssssssst!
    I just went to my guy Zac yesterday, so let's slow down a bit!
    Zac actually used to be the senior fit technician at Seven, but luckily for me, he moved back to Seattle some years ago (he was at the Seven HQ in MA, and did my fit interview for my first Seven!), so I will be talking to Seven next week, they'll design my bike, send the specs back to Zac to set up on a fit bike and we'll review it, tweak it and all, before anything starts getting built...
    I'm going with an Axiom SG this time...probably not going to get a tinted clearcoat as with my Elium either, since I'm going to get s&s couplers, for ease of travel, as well as reducing expenses for same, considering how many ways the airlines have found to slap on extra fees!
    So, the beautiful naked ti, some key carbon components, and maybe a dash or 2 of color...who knows!
    And, Salsa...don't go out there to wait for me anytime soon...am still adding to my mileage on the trails, (and, for understandable reasons, kinda avoiding riding in crosswalks!), but I'm excited to get out there again this weekend...supposed to be gorgeous!
    Anyone up for a "smudge" ride down on a certain stretch of the Interurban?

I think Mary has been quiet about her other cycling pursuits too! I got to meet Mary last weekend as she was out as an official at our team sponsored race. We didn't have time to speak much, as it was a hectic day with atrocious weather (I decided to not race - I draw the line at SNOW! and I'm still fighting off a big saddle sore... - I chose to go in a lead car instead). We wouldn't be able to race at all without all of our great officials out there - so from me and all of the team thanks!

Congrats for getting started on your new bike. Hopefully by the time you get it the weather will have improved.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

yer welcome, Eden and yeah, it was great to see you. I think you were smart to stick with riding inside on 4 wheels instead of in the elements on 2 that day!
    It was a long, cold, snowy, tiring day, but I was glad to help out and support the sport I love; also glad that the 2 races that I officiated were able to be completed w/o any crashes or incidents. I bet there were collective groans from the racers when we had such a gorgeous day after on Sunday...

And, while I have no desire to race myself, I have gotten used to riding a verrrrry sweet bike, so I'll be antsy and impatient until my new Seven gets home to me!

What the heck is a "smudge" ride?

And it doesn't matter when we do Juanita. It's just a ritual we need to do someday...

I am so glad you're starting the new bike process.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Woohoo! Can't wait to see the new baby Seven!

Quote Originally Posted by MM_QFC! View Post
    Hey all - dang, you women are fassssssssssst!
    Anyone up for a "smudge" ride down on a certain stretch of the Interurban?
    Let me know when/where. I got a pretty flexi schedule these days!

Woohoo, Mary! That's awesome news about the Seven in the works. I'm glad to hear that you're riding again. I know it's not at the distances/pace that you're used to, but that will all be a matter of time. More healing vibes headed your way that you'll soon be able to do it pain free.

Salsa - Smudging, as I understand it, is a ritual to clear out bad or negative energy (kind of similar to an exorcism). So I think Mary wants to do a ride past the spot where the collision took place to help her past the negative feelings she has associated to it.

When are you planning to do the ride, Mary?
    Last edited by sgtiger; 04-02-2009 at 04:09 PM.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

2007 Rodriguez Adventure/B72
    2009 Masi Soulville Mixte/B18
    1997 Trek 820 Step-thru Xtracycle/B17

Best news I've heard all day.

Best wishes to you and baby Seven!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by sgtiger View Post

Salsa - Smudging, as I understand it, is a ritual to clear out bad or negative energy (kind of similar to an exorcism). So I think Mary wants to do a ride past the spot where the collision took place to help her past the negative feelings she has associated to it.

When are you planning to do the ride, Mary?
    Thanks, SG! Hell, yeah, I'd like to join that smudge ride.