Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY

To disable ads, please log-in.

I hope you heal rapidly. Poor thing, sounds awful!
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm doing fine, gang. Lee's been a champ and I have a cozy steup near the toob and a small laptop to mess with. I'm typing real slow (from me that means crawling ) but I'm seeing the doc tomorrow and in the meantime getting lots of rest so all is good (well, OK, but you know what I mean).

Oooh I'm the proud owner of a nice soft new snuggli in bright blue. Awesome loungwear.

Thanks for the recount, mp. I was only there in body. Can't believe I was only a couple of miles from the end -- and the beer! Yeesh.

Later, folks.

- Jo.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Just wanna add my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

I'm so happy to see that you are in good spirits and that you are getting the best of care at home. Three cheers for Leebob .

Take plenty of time resting and healing. The bike(s) will always be there when the doc says it's okay to ride again.
    Health is the thing that makes you feel like now is the best time of the year--Franklin Pierce Adams

I am so sorry this happened to you. I hope you feel better soon. My heart is just racing to think about your accident and I was not even there. All the positive energy I can get is heading your way.

I hope your healing comes quickly. Let everyone treat you like royalty while getting well.

Wow, I don't know how I missed this.

Jo - I'm pleased to see that you are in good spirits. Heal quickly and let Mr Jobob take care of you!

(personally, I'd be thrilled that I didn't remember the helicopter ride...*shudder*)
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    Wow, I don't know how I missed this.
    Me too! Well wishes, and gentle hugs to you.

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post
    For those of you wanting the story of all of our worst day on a bike, here it is.
    MP did a great job summing up the whole crash scene. Yeah, it was one of the hardest days I've had on the bike. I think I got there a few minutes after it happened. I experienced a series of terrible realizations -- my heart sank further with each one: I saw the rider on the side of the road (maybe they're just fixing a flat? No, they're lying on the ground - that's not good), I recognized the Team In Training jersey, and I recognized Jobob's knickers and legs. And the Lynskey. I looked at her face and recognized Jobob, but well, she looked a lot better when she was climbing Mt. Vision a few miles earlier.

MP arrived a little later, LeeBob and Dachshund came up a few minutes after that. LeeBob and MP handled the situation like pros; Dachshund and I fell apart just a little bit on the side of the road. We took care of little things, like getting Jo's bike back up to the car, and transferring stuff to the other SAG from LeeBob's car so he could head up to the hospital.

I remember being so grateful that passers-by with the right training stopped to help and that the rangers and emergency personnel got there so quickly. Jobob was in really good hands.

And the people were so nice. The driver who was following her and saw the crash wanted to stay in contact to see how it all turned out. (Of course, at that point, I would have given my eye teeth to know that it was going to turn out as well as it has.)

Quote Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
    PS to Sarah, Mel and Dachshund - that is never easy to come up on. I'm just glad she had y'all there. Says something about the benefits of group riding. Also - if you start to feel a little down or depressed, you may want to see a counselor for a time or two - seeing a good friend hurt can have some odd consequences that may seem totally unrelated but are not.
    andtckrtoo,

Thanks -- so far, we're handling the aftermath pretty well. I rode back to the start/finish line from the crash site. I was tucked safely between Coach Sarah and Coach Graham, and wasn't as shaky as I thought I'd be. I also did a recovery ride on Sunday and wore my Amici Veloci jersey in Jobob's honor.

I think I'm ready to roll on Saturday's training ride.

Jobob,

It was great talking to you this morning on the phone -- you sounded great! We're planning to head up to Lagunitas after Saturday's ride so we can score you some of that Brown Shugga'!

- Mel
    I'll get back on the bike soon, I promise!

Jo - sounds like you are well set up for a good recovery. Never underestimate the healing power of TV. and ice cream. We really missed you on the ride today but we all sent big healing thoughts your way.

Mel - we did get lucky on the location of the crash - those rangers were amazing. I was so impressed. Have you talked to the witness/med student person who wanted an update? She was great.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

MP,

I've played a bit of phone tag with the witness/med student. I gave LeeBob her phone number, and I think they've actually had a live phone conversation. It's good, because she actually saw the crash, so hopefully she can probably answer a lot of their questions.

It was great that she was a med student and could give good first aid. It was really great that she's a fellow cyclist, so she gave Jobob lots of space on the descent.

- Mel

PS Coach MP, I'm going to do a nice little endurance ride tonight and then go pump some iron!!
    I'll get back on the bike soon, I promise!

Wow - I did not realize she was a cyclist. That's pretty lucky.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by melissam View Post
    I also did a recovery ride on Sunday and wore my Amici Veloci jersey in Jobob's honor.
    I did too (wore my AV jersey that is). It seemed appropriate, and there must be special healing powers in those colors.

Mel, I'm glad you guys are doing OK.

Jo, I'm so happy to see you posting again, and can't wait 'til the snarking begins anew, that's when we'll know you're really healed.

Quote Originally Posted by aka_kim View Post
    there must be special healing powers in those colors.
    It's not the colors. It's the years of absorbed ice cream and beer. Sorry about the crash, Jobob. Get better soon.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Sorry Jo, nice to see you back posting already though. Heal up fast!