Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

salty, hole filled roads of mtl

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm in Montreal... never get to ride outside this time of year, but I'm eager for spring. I'll definately be looking for some women to ride with.

Quote Originally Posted by triflor
    I'm in Montreal... never get to ride outside this time of year, but I'm eager for spring. I'll definately be looking for some women to ride with.
    Hey Triflor!

Welcome to TE! Unfortunately I won't be riding with you in Montreal (well, maybe in July, and at the Grand Tour if by chance you make it) but otherwise I invite you to visit a good québécois forum where there's a few very nice women who ride: http://www.velocia.ca/ Also make sure you join this group on their Wednesday training sessions at the Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve, they're awesome.

Cheers!

Thanks Grog!
    I've gone down to the curcuit a few times myself in the summer, but find the flatness discouraging. I'm training for IM lake placid which is far from flat. But for group rides and experience I'll definately check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by triflor
    Thanks Grog!
    I've gone down to the curcuit a few times myself in the summer, but find the flatness discouraging. I'm training for IM lake placid which is far from flat. But for group rides and experience I'll definately check it out!
    Well the CGV is certainly not a place to have a "ride", but for skills training, it's great. We did quite a bit of fast pacelining, intervals, things like that last summer. There's a few experienced cyclists and coaches around, and some triathletes, and it's a great bunch. There should also be other rides all summer. I hope to see you there.

canada here!

heehee, since i'm new you'll have to excuse my lateness in responding!

windsor, ontario here. and if you want to see flat... yeah.... we consider speed bumps to be hills here! LOL

~roxanne

Quote Originally Posted by assassin__x
    Wondering how much of the population Canadians represent on this message board. Who's here and where are from? Anyone from out east?
    Victoria BC here! Any other islanders here?
    Cheers,
    Sherry.

Quote Originally Posted by Popoki_Nui
    Victoria BC here! Any other islanders here?
    Cheers,
    Sherry.
    I'll be there (in Sidney) during the month of June!

You can show me the way around the island! I've never cycled there (actually, I've never been there, period).

Quote Originally Posted by Grog
    I'll be there (in Sidney) during the month of June!

You can show me the way around the island! I've never cycled there (actually, I've never been there, period).
    Sure! It's a big island...which area did you want to visit? I can show you around the south island and greater Victoria area. Lots of good cycling here; road, path, and some MTB'ing....bring a bike!
    Cheers,
    Sherry.

new also... another montrealer here. just wanted to say howdy -- i just moved back here after 7 years or so in the states, need to get used to the weather again but definitely looking forward to getting out and about on wheels. the spinner at the gym doesn't quite compare to the wind on your cheeks
    "Life should not be a journey with the intent of arriving in a well-preserved body. Skid in sideways, dark chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used and thrilled by the ride."... the tattoo on my back

I'm new to the forum too. Living in T.O. Got a kick out of the "How do you know if you are Canadian" joke. I'd like to add..."You know your Canadian if you see the July temperature listed as 30 and you don't drag out your snowboard."

Mel

Another newbie to the forum I'm in Toronto. Kicking myself that just as the weather starts to turn nice, I go and hurt myself resulting in another two weeks on the trainer. Boo.

I'm from Southwestern Ontario and go to school 40 mins south of T-Dot.

Kelowna, BC.

Barb

Fredericton, New brunswick

Welcome to TE, Violette