Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey! I'll send you the tin of Timmies! How can you survive over there without it????????? Even my ex-in Melbourne--LOVES Timmies!

Quote Originally Posted by JLD
    I am as equally disappointed in not being able to raise lesbians to come out. Some of that-yes-lack of interest--some--really intimadated by the exertion-some-in other types of biking-like fast club rides and mountain terrain rides--and obviously--sexual politics.

Come to Boulder! Don't seem to have that problem here...

Quote Originally Posted by JLD
    I bike commute for work--then spend my free days riding around. I am Not a speedy cyclist--just rather slow and steady. For other folk here from Ottawa--yes-I know about the Ottawa bike club and the Kanata one--but unfortunately--both clubs have told me--I need to go a little faster than what I can sanely manage--hence--it is disappointing --that I cannot manage to be out for their rides........Mostly I enjoy my long jaunts--and take great pleasure in getting to stop along the way, bring the binoculars for bird watching--see deer and fox, too.
    JLD - I wish you lived closer to me. You sound like the ideal riding partner - slow and steady that would suit me fine and getting to stop and spy on all your beautiful wildlife would be wonderful.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

I was born and raised in North West Québec, been living in T.O. for way too long and now am in the midst of moving to San Diego. Sorry ladies. But the prospect of making US $$$ & actually getting recognized as a bone fide cyclist - by a cycling association that actually cares was just too appealing, ( NOt like Lori-Ann Muenzer who was abandonned by the CCA). Not to mention not having to wear 15 layers of clothes in the SPring, Fall and Winter. Makes great padding in the even of a crash, but still....
    cheers!!!!!!!!

Hey EinZwei3,

Too bad to hear you are leaving the cold, ice and snow for sunny and warm San Diego. What are you thinking!?!??! Okay, that's just envy talking. Good luck on your pursuit for cycling glory in Cali. I know what you mean, the state of women's cycling here in Canada is dismal to say the least.
    All limits are self imposed - Icarus

actually,***bluerider*** it's not really the weather that is annoying as much as getting hit by motor vehicles & cyclists every few months.

Check out my comments on Canadian Cyclist under " Hammerkittens".
    BTW thanks for the encouraging words....Cheers

WHOA, number one, WTF is up with that post? HAMMERKITTENS? Righty O, only a guy could come up with that. Number two, holy crap, your experiences have been horrible to say the least. Where the *beep* do these riders come from?

I'm so sorry you've had to go through that kind of experience and reading your post about the recovery you've had to endure, I applaud you for continuing to cycle. That is OUTRAGEOUS. Have you been able to track any of these punks down? I'm so shocked and furious. I don't blame you for wanting to get out of here.

out 2day again for a " leisure ride" and how many times did some obnoxious pedestrians try to take me down. Why oh, Why? do they go into the bike lane and look up the street instead of where the traffic is coming from? Makes no damn freaking sence... My 2c. worth...Sorry 2 b leaving Canada, but not the mean streets of TO

hi

Hello i am from québec city... and my english is so so lollllll

hello azurs and welcome to the board. If you get a chance there's a thread under the open titled "getting to know you". Tells you a bit more about us and where we're from, and if you're so inclined - tell us some more about you! as for the english - heck it's my native langaugue and some days I'm only so-so too!! Besides: Cycling is languague-less (if that ain't a word it Should be eh Grog?)

so welcome to the wonderful world of cycling and hope to hear more from you!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Bonjour azurs!

Salut, et bienvenue Azurs!!! Pas que j’veux te mettre les bâtons ds les roues, mais si t’as de la misère, pkwa t’essaies pas un forum ds notre langue? Par contre, t’as pas l’air a avoir de problèmes, p’en ‘tout’.

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    Besides: Cycling is languague-less (if that ain't a word it Should be eh Grog?)
    Actually to me cycling is a very chatty sport, especially on some rides.

I was out with my club last week and our coach was really holding us - despite the gorgeous weather! - so that we wouldn't ride too fast. Base miles season. Anyway, the pack of 12 girls got very gossipy, everyone had plenty of breath to talk, I thought it was great.

But if ain't a word, we'll make it up CM.

Quote Originally Posted by azurs
    Hello i am from québec city... and my english is so so lollllll
    Welcome Azurs! Happy to see another Canadian on the forum...don't worry about the English...my French is less than so so...

Snow and freezing rain!

Well--there goes MY ride day--ain't risking life and limb out there on the street--not with snow and Freezing Rain on its way!!!