Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

LOL, I"m waiting on a TPB compilation that my Nelson friends are going to send down to me. Just a south of the Borden Yank here, but I do a lot of playing up there! Even been through Williams Lake ( on the way to the Cassiar Hiway)

Irulan

*Trailer Park Boys. Canadian TV rules. We get Red Green on Friday and Sat nights, and a few other things.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

in Canada

from Montreal, Quebec!

Looking for girls to ride with...

Thumbs up

Kamloops, BC

new to this forum, and lov'n it!

Welcome, Hound Dog!

Nice to see someone (almost) local! I'm in Williams Lake!
    Be sure to post in our Getting to Know you Thread. You'll get a kick out of that one!

Happy riding!
    ~T~

Dropping in from Burlington, Ontario. Looking for any gals to ride with. See you out there!

Hey! I'm in Montreal right now but will be moving into Vancouver in September to start a PhD at UBC. Anybody knows of a nice cycling club in town? I'm not into mountain bike, just road... but I could eventually try mtb (although I'd have to find a bike). I don't race... (yet?)

I know riders in Vancouver. I can check with them. You'll love it out here!

Namaste,
    ~T~

I sure will! I spend two months in there last year (Feb-March 2004) and quite enjoyed the 10 C weather and green grass!!! (coming from -40 Montreal)

I will talk to my friends in Van when I get a chance, but in the meantime, you can check with these two bike shops that we've dealt with. I know John Henry has organized rides, and I'd be surprised if Dizzy doesn't...

http://www.johnhenrybikes.com/pedals.asp
    http://www.dizzycycles.com/

If there's nothing about rides on the web sites, send them an email. Hopefully, someone will get back to you pretty quick!

Namaste,
    ~T~

Actually I've discovered "Dizzy Chicks", a girl-only bike club somehow related to Dizzy Cycle. I'll sure check them out when I move...

I can't believe I'll be able to stay in the saddle during the Fall and Winter months.

Whistler, here.

(formerly Calgary, Canmore, Ottawa, even Whitehorse)

Canadian girl!

Just wanted to *wave* hello to the girls in Canada.

I'm now in Perth, Western australia. I just moved from Auckland and am originally from Edmonton.

*hello*

c

hello crazy
    *wave*

Namaste,
    ~T~

Also in Ottawa

I bike commute for work--then spend my free days riding around. I am Not a speedy cyclist--just rather slow and steady. For other folk here from Ottawa--yes-I know about the Ottawa bike club and the Kanata one--but unfortunately--both clubs have told me--I need to go a little faster than what I can sanely manage--hence--it is disappointing --that I cannot manage to be out for their rides. The Kanata spokesperson said I was welcome to come along-but might end up riding alone. That wasn't quite what I had in mind..............Also--I tried to get gay women interested in casual Sunday rides here--as--again--the Ottawans on the list would know--the parkways are shut down on the Sunday mornings during the summer-just For roller bladers and cyclists---and it's nice to have the whole road along the Rideau Canal or the Ottawa River, for an entire morning of riding. Anyway--couldn't get any takers for this either........Mostly I enjoy my long jaunts--and take great pleasure in getting to stop along the way, bring the binoculars for bird watching--see deer and fox, too.

a Yank chimes in, crossing the border illegally ;-)

JLD writes "yes-I know about the Ottawa bike club and the Kanata one--but unfortunately--both clubs have told me--I need to go a little faster than what I can sanely manage--hence--it is disappointing --that I cannot manage to be out for their rides. The Kanata spokesperson said I was welcome to come along-but might end up riding alone."

What? They don't have at least one "friendly no drop" ride?! That's...that's just rude and and....I'm speachless which is rare for me, ask anyone here ;-)

So I take it they all fell outta the womb that fast? No help gettin there? Keep up or you're gone, well that sucks 6 year old rotten eggs.

"tried to get gay women interested in casual Sunday rides here-....-couldn't get any takers for this either".

Yeah, we can be a sedentary bunch, like a lot of folks.

We have a Gay bike club in Northern CA called DifferentSpokes, I rode one ride with them, maybe it was just that day I did not feel enough was done to instruct the beginners, no safety speach, or advice from experienced rides like "don't run the lights" etc. I'll give them another chance. I prefer rideing with a diverse mixed clubs, men, women, my local women's bike club, the TE gals and their men-folk. But I'm always at or near the back of the pack.

That is Kanata's loss, back of the pack is where the fun is ;-) Besides, this is why the sport is not growing as it should, clubs need to nurture new and returning riders. Getting off my soapbox now, going back to my country.
    Last edited by Trek420; 09-10-2005 at 01:44 PM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/