Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Wink First 60 mile ride!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi Gals!
    Haven't been here for a few weeks - too much fun riding! I did a 32 miler last Friday and then 60 MILES on Sunday!!!! WHOOOEEEE! I felt pretty great - averaged about 16 mi/hr... am in training for some big rides, but decided today that the STP will have to wait until next year as I'm also training for the Danskin Triathlon in August and the Seattle Half-Marathon in November and just don't want to overdue it... It feels so great to be out there really working my body, though - at 48 years old, I'm in better shape than any other time in my life! The biking is the BEST, though!
    Live, Laugh, Love,
    Lori

Congrats on the accomplishment! Fun to be f-ty-something and in the best shape, isn't it? I'm honestly having more fun the older I get.

SK
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Congruts on your 60 miles ride! I am just starting to ride and I hope to be able to ride as much pretty soon. I actually started riding thinking to train for the triathlong by Danskin in NY in august. But unfortunatelly since i am graduating this summer my schedule is so tight that I dont have time to train for everything, but i am def doing it next year. I will be very curious to hear from you how it went for you. Have fun, and enjoy your rides

wow way to go! 16mph over 60 miles is a rockin avg!!!! I have done three centuries this year and my fastest avg is 15.3mph over the 102 miles... I'll look forward to hearing about your upcoming events... and congrats on that ride... very cool!!!
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Wow, I am so jealous! I was feeling good hitting 14.4mph average over just 22.5 miles this last weekend...you're kicking butt! Well now I will just have to chase you!

I just love a challenge...and you being in the NW as well, I *know* what kind of terrain you are riding on...I will just have to learn from you pros
    I get to have pizza after this, right? No...wait...cheesecake....

Quote Originally Posted by theladybikes
    It feels so great to be out there really working my body, though - at 48 years old, I'm in better shape than any other time in my life! The biking is the BEST, though!

I'm about ten years younger than you, and I have been told I look fitter than I ever have - admittedly I don't have the figure I had at 18 (and must face the fact soon I guess that I prolly never will) - but I feel great, I am more confident and life looks more promising than it has for a while.

When I was 18, I could wear what I wanted, but I couldn't even walk up a small hill without puffing - no aerobic fitness at all and minimal muscle tone...

Biking is the BEST... makes such a difference to ones whole outlook...

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Congrats Theladybikes. I am with all you ladies as I am also in better shape than I have ever been. I was never athletic, but always loved biking and have stuck with it consistantly for 4 years, although just leisurely rides. It seems now with my new bike I am picking up the pace and distance.

~JoAnn

Quote Originally Posted by theladybikes
    It feels so great to be out there really working my body, though - at 48 years old, I'm in better shape than any other time in my life! The biking is the BEST, though!
    Congratulations!!!

I celebrate my 52nd birthday later on this year and I can tell you firsthand that this is truly the best time of my life. I can't imagine any other time of my life as wonderful as when I turned 50 ... which gets me very excited about the next decade as I'm sure it will surprise me as well

16 mph over 60 miles is awesome!

You might even be the right age to remember Helen Reddy's anthem ... I am Woman
    On Yer Bike!

This group is the Best!!! If the exhilaration of riding a bicycle isn't enough...the thrill of knowing that sooo many women out there enjoy it as much as me!!!

I am experiencing my second adulthood after a bad marriage and 5 years of self neglect I thought I was too late to enjoy my thirties...well, apparently I have not gotten to fun part!

bouncy *loving finding something to make me happy* bouncy
    I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep riding!!!!!!!! woo HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well smack me now

I just realized I never posted here: I am so sorry!!

Way to go lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was that NOT a blast???....and now that you've done it....it isn't a question of Miles anymore, it's a question of Time.....how much time do I have=how far I ride today!! Good on you and keep it up......next stop - an "imperial" century! (100 miles but we all like the word imperial since we're all Princesses of Power!)
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Wow! Impressive. Especially for someone who just started riding again after about 15 years. I don't know anyone else who rides in my area because I just moved here. Are there women's cycling clubs out there that you know of? How does one train or find events, etc.? I am so glad to find you guys.

Congratulations! You are an inspiration!

Me too! Me too! I want to do that! Thanks for helping me believe I will, theladybikes!