Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay

Upcoming Virginia Rides

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi all, there are a couple of good rides coming up in Virginia (I'm doing all three). I'm posting this in Mid-Atlantic and Southeast to cover all the bases.

May 9th: Cap-to-Cap ride between Richmond and Williamsburg. Two century options, and shorter options. www.virginiacapitaltrail.org

May 15-17: Tour de Chesapeake, Mathews. Lots of distance options. www.bikechesapeake.org

June 19-24: Bike Virginia, Charlottesville area. Journey Through Hallowed Ground for all you history buffs. Plus beautiful rolling terrain. www.bikevirginia.org/2009/index.htm

Tulip! What a temptress you are. Wish I weren't so far away.
    Tis better to wear out than to rust out....

Quote Originally Posted by Aint Doody View Post
    Tulip! What a temptress you are. Wish I weren't so far away.
    ME TOO!!!!

KB

I can't afford anymore dog boarding this year
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Tulip, I am going to Bike Virginia! I am camping and there is a group of us from this area going! I am celebrating my 35th anniversary on the trip! I can't wait. I did this ride last year when it was in my "home court". I stayed at home because DH was doing Bike Tour of Colorado with two of our sons. I did the ride each day and then came home to cook for my father-in-law and organized a shuttle with a friend who wanted to ride, too but wanted to sleep at home! It worked out really well, even though the days were long with the shuttles. Since the camp only moved every other day, it wasn't so bad and I got to ride with friends!

Are you camping or staying in the hotel?
    Last edited by AnnieBikes; 04-23-2009 at 04:15 PM.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    I can't afford anymore dog boarding this year
    I feel your pain! I've only had my dog since December, and I've boarded him twice for 10 days each (actually he goes to his rescuer's house, which he loves--they have six other border collies and they all go crazy together). I'll have to board him for Bike Virginia and then also for a family beach trip...I wish I could bring him because he adores the beach--tirelessly rounds up the waves. Even with my great arrangement, it gets pricey. This is one of the things that almost kept me from getting a dog in the first place.

Annie, I'm staying in the hotels. Camping and me do not mix too well, especially when there are double centuries involved. You certainly had the good setup last year. The Capital-to-Capital ride starts one mile from my house. It'll be very convenient, indeed.