Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    I feel your pain, we can't bring our bikes into the building, either. Unfortunately, ours are exposed to the weather and around here, that means rain 24/7 in the winter!

A lot of people here leave their bike lock locked to the rack. Can you do that and therefore avoid having to make that extra trip into the building each day?
    What?? No interior bike storage in Portland, Oregon?? I thought that was illegal there (really!)

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post

A lot of people here leave their bike lock locked to the rack. Can you do that and therefore avoid having to make that extra trip into the building each day?
    I'm very tempted, it's all the horror stories about it giving thieves an opportunity to practise on you lock or them superglueing the lock while it's left on the rack, thus forcing you to lock up your bike with a crappy cafe stop lock, which means it is much easier for them to nick it...
    One day, I'm going to buy a cottage in a small village and become its idiot!

Actually, I think I have just found the way round that problem...will be cycling in with my second decent lock today, which I'm going to leave in the coat cupboard at work, so if anybody should mess with the lock left outside, at least they will still have to face something equally strong. Only thing is, the company I work for can be a bit funny at times - wonder how long it will take them for telling me off for making the bike rack look messy by leaving my lock there!
    One day, I'm going to buy a cottage in a small village and become its idiot!