Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Mt Diablo ride Thurs April 2

To disable ads, please log-in.

This ride is a part of a series of rides in the Mad March Hare thread on the Bike Journal site.

We'll meet at Heather Farms parking lot at 9:30AM. There are bathrooms and plenty of parking places plus water if you need it.

Since there are two ways to do Diablo, people will have a choice. North side up, North side down OR South side via the Iron Horse trail and eventually El Cerro Road to the famous "hole in the wall". This is a bit longer but you get to see neighborhoods you wouldn't normally have access to. The South side is a bit less steep than the North and gives you a panoramic view of the San Ramon Valley and beyond (on a clear day). We will descend on the North side and stop at the Sweet Affair (across from Heather Farms) for food and general chatter. I will lead this route. Someone else will be leading the North side way.

Either way, you will have the option of stopping at the junction for a rest, water, bathrooms, and some nice sun. This is also a point where you can return back to Heather Farms if you wish. OR you can continue on up the road to the summit with the option of turning back at any time.

Too bad this ride is on a weekday, but it was the only day we could fit it into a busy ride schedule for the group.

Hopefully some of you will be able to come.

If you want my cell number just send me a message.

Thanks!
    Nancy

Planning to be there if work continues to cooperate.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

I'm planning on riding.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

My spouse will be on this one (cheg) but I won't be arriving till that night, so will only be on the Friday and Saturday rides.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike View Post
    My spouse will be on this one (cheg) but I won't be arriving till that night, so will only be on the Friday and Saturday rides.
    I'm bummed you're not coming until Thursday night. We're heading out of town Friday (San Diego to the bike show to get our new tandem!!!!!) So, we won't be around for the weekend rides.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike View Post
    what she said
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Yeah bummer to miss you guys!! I have TNT Death Ride commitments that will keep me tied up for the weekend. And Friday is out as I have to speak at a seminar.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Oh, that's too bad, you two! We'll figure out how to meet another time, though.

PS New TANDEM, though. God, how fun.

PPS Say hi to my spouse, though. He's really cute. He has instructions from me to make sure that he meets you guys.
    Last edited by salsabike; 03-22-2009 at 07:47 PM.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post
    Planning to be there if work continues to cooperate.
    Ditto.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

I'll try to get up on Sunday to Sacramento for a small ride. Have Cindy ride the day before. So maybe I'll meet up with the NWester ladies then.

Glad to hear some other TEers are coming! We may just be taking over the mountain! What a group!
    Nancy

I'm still working on molehills-mountains will have to wait.
    Be yourself, to the extreme!

Tofu- If you have the time, we'll get you to the junction! The south side isn't too bad- a few steep pitches (you could walk if needed). I suspect some folks will go down after they get to the junction. We'd love to have you.

Where are you riding in Martinez? Not much flat in that area!

BTW- Did members of our club meet you by some chance this past Saturday? Someone mentioned a Lori from Martinez showed up. Hmmmmmm.
    Nancy

Here's Chris, and his bike. So for those of you I won't get to meet this time, say hi to my spouse instead! He's a good guy, and cute too. Will hope to meet you all some other time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ch_hpc.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	8960

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	with_rack.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	8961

he'll be with Raleighdon, who already knows most of these folks!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi