Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

St George IM 2010. Hilly??? Talk to me UT girls

To disable ads, please log-in.

Just found out about IM St George in 2010. I'm intrigued, but wondering how hilly the area is. I've been through the area, and it seems like it would be hilly but I have never stopped to explore.
    Any insight into the area/bike course would be fab!

Thanks all

http://ironmanstgeorge.com/course.php

RM- this is my backyard and I am cycling through it all of the time. Right now, I do not think they have course laid out right now. Just from what I have gained from the local newspaper is that it follows the same route as the local Cactushuggers spring ride in April (if your intrested for reconossance).

Basically, yes it is hilly/mountanous to say the least. I have not done the 42 mile loop because I do not have the leg strengh to go up the killer "hill" also called "the wall". From what I have read, the idea is to do this loop twice!! They must have other places to add in mileage to make the 112 because 42+42 is only 84. I do not know where they will put in the extra mileage.

Here is more info on the April ride... Feel free to PM me for any other info as needed.

http://www.cactushuggers.org/CactusH...ochure2009.pdf

Red Rock

Exclamation A Wall???

ummmm....
    WALL???!!!
    Oh boy.... maybe that will be a pass.

RM-that particular hill is not very long. It just seems like it when you are going up. I am guessing less than half a mile, might even be a quarter or less. Once on top, it is rolling for a bit before going up a side of a volcano. From there it is ALL DOWNHILL!!

If this IM is of interest to you, I would definately do the Cactushugger ride in April for reconassance. Or come up here and I can show you the terrain. I do not know what other IM courses are like. This might be a very scenic one. There are limited spots like 2500 entrants.

I hope this helps.

Red Rock

It will be interesting to see how the bike elevation profile comes out when they put it up. Then you can compare it to other races with hillier courses like Canada.

Hey RM... did I tell you I'm doing Arizona this year? I'm excited but haven't really been training for it yet. I have to keep reminding myself that it's not until November.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

rm - did you sign up??