Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is SPRING!

It is SPRING!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am really sorry some of you are not quite here yet but spring has sprung in Texas!! The past two weeks the Texas Mountain Laurels been blooming like CRAZY. I wish I could send a smell through the computer, it is like grape koolaid rolling down the road.

Then yesterday I saw them- Bluebonnets, our state flower. They are a wildflower but TXDOT also shoots seeds so we have more. Last week we finally got rain and this week the flowers are here! I love bluebonnets.

Plus the goats, sheep, horses, donkeys and cattle have babies. Hooray, I love spring. I am in a great mood today must be all that grape koolaid in the air.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    I LOVE BLUEBONNETS!!

Can you post pictures of the beauties? Pretty please??

My Yoshino cherry tree is blossoming. Oh the joy!!

first blossom

How gorgeous thanks for sharing!

Tomorrow I plan to commute home and take the camera. I will look like a tourist taking pics of the bonnets but I love them. I have never tired of them living here all my life. I was shocked to see so many popping, all courtesy of that 3-4 days of rain last week.

I wish I could figure out where those mountain laurels on the last county road to my neighborhood are. It is so fragrant! I usually smell grass or the critters (lots of goats and cattle) but right now mountain laurels, my favorite smell after gardenias blooming.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

That looks and sounds lovely. sigh.
    Signs of Spring in RI:

1. College students wearing shorts (tho it's 40d outside) "lying out" on the green.
    2. Sand piles where there were snow piles.
    3. My DH moved the plow truck to the side of the barn, instead of in front of it. But doesn't take the whole plow off, cuz there might be "one more big one."
    4. Mud.
    5. Zeppolas.
    6. Forsythia sprigs in bunches selling for $4.99 at Stop and Shop, when next week they will be in bloom.
    6. No more frozen dog poop to scoop! Comes up easier nowadays...
    7. People with "NPT" round stickers on the backs of convertables, driving with the top down and the heat on, wrapped in down and scarves.
    8. Short skirts and sleeveless tops.
    9. Sweaters start to smell.
    10. People get the iced mocha latte at Dunkin Donuts, instead of the regulah cawfee.
    I can do five more miles.

Signs of spring in Washington, DC:

- Partisan bickering on Capitol Hill

Oh wait, that's also a sign of summer, winter and fall... :-)

Let me start over.

Signs of spring in Washington, DC:

- Cherry blossoms!

Tourist season kicks off in high gear. Park rangers who work on the National Mall call it "March madness."

Quote Originally Posted by indigoiis View Post
    6. No more frozen dog poop to scoop! Comes up easier nowadays...
    LOL!

Signs of spring have started here in NW Oregon, too, in the form of daffodils and tulips!
    Road Bike: 2008 Orbea Aqua Dama TDF/Brooks B-68

Ellen
    www.theotherfoote.blogspot.com

Yes, it's amazing that college students are wearing shorts and no sleeves at this temperature.
    What do you mean a "regulah cawfee?" I thought it was just a "regulah."

We've got daffodils here in SoVA!
    Andrea

1988 Bridgestone mixte
    2002 Trek 2200
    2011 Surly Long Haul Trucker

Oh... we are SO behind. But I noticed that I have crocuses up! And the green grass shoots are starting to show through the dead stuff along the trails. The fish in my pond THINK they want to eat, but they don't really -- I tried. I THOUGHT I wanted to wear short sleeves today, but I don't really -- still too cold!

So a few more weeks, I'd say! Sundial, thanks for the gorgeous cherry blossom photo! I can't wait!

Oh, and what does "NPT" on the bumper sticker mean? Am I out of touch?!
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

Our signs of spring:

Our goat is so huge she can no longer hop up on the milking stand to eat. She's due in less than 2 weeks!

Daffodils everywhere and tulips just popping up.

Bullfrogs singing in the nature preserves.

Mud so thick it takes my shoes off.

Buds on all our fruit trees and the lilac bushes and baby leaves on the rose bushes.

We are no longer the only shoppers in the nursery when we go!

More bikes on the bike rack at work every day (though this could be a sign of rising gas prices too...sometimes it's hard to tell!).
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post

Our goat is so huge she can no longer hop up on the milking stand to eat. She's due in less than 2 weeks!
    I love kids!! You have GOT to post pics of the new kids. They are sooo cute. I love em more than sheep. Can you tell I like pictures?

There is nothing I love more than Texas Mountain Laurels in bloom. I always tell people they smell like grape bubble gum or grape soda. Amanda is right, for about two weeks down here the whole town smells like them. And the blooms are beautiful, too. Sniff -- aaah!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MtLaurel99.JPG.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	8900  

Quote Originally Posted by jesvetmed View Post
    Oh... we are SO behind. But I noticed that I have crocuses up! And the green grass shoots are starting to show through the dead stuff along the trails. The fish in my pond THINK they want to eat, but they don't really -- I tried. I THOUGHT I wanted to wear short sleeves today, but I don't really -- still too cold!

So a few more weeks, I'd say! Sundial, thanks for the gorgeous cherry blossom photo! I can't wait!

Oh, and what does "NPT" on the bumper sticker mean? Am I out of touch?!
    No, you're just from Washington. Many folks around here have those euro-style oval decals on their cars with "MV" (for Martha's Vineyard), "HAMP" for the Hamptons, and "NPT" for Newport. All tourist destinations.

Crankin, I was going to just say "regulah" but, I was afraid the folks from Washington wouldn't know what that was.

They need a SNE translator.
    I can do five more miles.