Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Grog View Post
    For those of you who have two passports:

I've noticed this summer, traveling to Turkey, that German customs officer (I was flying from Canada through France and Germany) were very sensitive about seeing stamps showing which country I entered AND EXITED. I have only one passport so they're all in one spot, but the Germany officer was really annoyed that the French had not stamped my passport when I exited. (I don't know a lot of German but I understood that he was not kind to my French cousins.) When I left Germany on the way back - even just on a stop over - they were careful to stamp my passport. My feeling was that with the tightening concerns over illegal immigration there is more concern for those sorts of things. Maybe that's why they get confused if you use one passport to get in and another one to get out. What do you think?
    I've never had a problem using one passport here and another one there. You just have to know when to use each one. I've never been to Germany, though.

I like there and go in and out all the time. I'd say they are thorough but never unpleasant, but with an EU passport it's fairly quick.

One reason for checking carefully could be that with the Schengen Treaty in operation, once you get into one country then you can travel freely to all of the others.