Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movies

Last movie you've seen in theaters?

To disable ads, please log-in.

What is the last movie you seen and did you enjoy it? I went to a movie screening of "Alien Trespass", has anyone heard of it? It stars Eric McCormack (from Will & Grace). It's a fun movie that takes place in 1957 and is about how a intergalactic bounty hunter (played by Eric McCormack) helps to save a small town from being devoured by a monster. It will hit theaters April 3rd. You can watch the trailer at alientrespass.com.
    Last edited by AlwayzOnDaMove; 03-17-2009 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzOnDaMove View Post
    What is the last movie you seen and did you enjoy it?
    Last movie I saw in a theater? Hhmmmm... that would have to be Finding Nemo. Guess you can tell we don't get out much.
    "If we know where we want to go, then even a stony road is bearable." ~~ Horst Koehler

Marley and Me-HATED it. (yes, hate IS a strong word). It was marketed as a funny movie, and really wasn't anything of the sort.
    Be yourself, to the extreme!

Always - Wow, I think this name is the best yet! Can't wait to read hear from TryToKeepUp and ReadMyMind! Should be soon since apparently none of you are out riding a bike!
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington

Are we talking in the theatre, or the DVD-jammies-sofa at home routine? I usually watch a couple of DVDs every weekend and only rarely go to the theatre.

If we are talking the big screen, the last one we saw was The Dark Night. Being forced to sit through 20 minutes of ads really, really really pissed me off. It made me remember why I feel so ripped off when it's almost $20 for two of us.

Quote Originally Posted by uforgot View Post
    Always - Wow, I think this name is the best yet! Can't wait to read hear from TryToKeepUp and ReadMyMind! Should be soon since apparently none of you are out riding a bike!
    You know, I hear bike riding can be lots of fun. You should try it sometime. Maybe the "three" of you could share one bike.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    You know, I hear bike riding can be lots of fun. You should try it sometime. Maybe the "three" of you could share one bike.
    I can just hear those voices inside her head arguing about who gets to pedal.
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington

How many sock puppets does it take to go to the movies?
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Slumdog Millionaire. I'll give it an A. But the most fun I've had in a long time was my dh & I sitting on the sofa watching the Marx Brothers. Coconuts is soooooooo funny.
    Tis better to wear out than to rust out....

Can't remember which we saw first:

Watchmen. We both thought it was very good, and we'd both read the book within the past month. I don't understand why it's been so trashed in the reviews. Obviously there were layers in the book that couldn't make it into a three hour movie. That's true of any full-length novel. I thought the movie captured the essence of the book really well.

The Wrestler. Also extremely well done, well acted, but emotionally wrenching. See it when you're feeling strong.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by Aint Doody View Post
    Slumdog Millionaire. I'll give it an A. But the most fun I've had in a long time was my dh & I sitting on the sofa watching the Marx Brothers. Coconuts is soooooooo funny.
    Marx Brother was like 1920's right? Sometimes the classics are the most fun. I think that is why I enjoyed 'Alien Trespass' it was kind of nice to go back to the 50s for two hours. To watch and enjoy it was to experience something like the enjoyment felt by audiences in the 1950s. Alien Trespass was a nostalgia trip well worth it, especially with everything in the real world on the downward slide.

Slumdog took eight trophies at Academy Awards, right?

Didn't Revolutionary Road take place in the '50s? Not exactly happy time.

I've always liked The Three Face of Eve.

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Watchmen. We both thought it was very good, and we'd both read the book within the past month. I don't understand why it's been so trashed in the reviews. Obviously there were layers in the book that couldn't make it into a three hour movie. That's true of any full-length novel. I thought the movie captured the essence of the book really well.
    +1. My thoughts exactly.

BTW I saw it on Monday afternoon and I was literally the only person in the theater. That felt weird. My cell phone vibrated and I went ahead answered it 'cause there was nobody there to be bothered by it.

The Marx Brothers films were made mostly in the 30's. Just hilarious fun.
    Tis better to wear out than to rust out....