Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Tour de Cure Narragansett 2009 (Rhode Island) 6/14

To disable ads, please log-in.

Tour de Cure for Diabetes (ADA) June 14th Narragansett, RI 30/60/100.

I love this ride. We are doing it again for the second year in a row. If you have any questions or would like to do this century, the website for it is:

http://tour.diabetes.org/site/PageSe...ent_state=2429

We have a team - Team Rhodelicious - and are open to new riders joining us.

Anj
    I can do five more miles.

What is the route like? I will talk to my husband about this.
    It would require some upping of my mileage, but I can do it... I've only done one century and completed it without any special training at all; but it was in September, after a strenuous riding season.
    Tell me more...

The majority of the route is flat and coastal (kind of like the Seacoast Century which I think you said you guys do each year.) Part of the ride travels through the countryside of South County, and includes one large hill by my house.

The ride is well supported with four rest stops - the second of which features home baked items from members of the local grange.

It is a great ride and the minimum fundraising is (I think) $150 and if you team up with us (Team Rhodelicious) you would be joining a great team!

Here is last year's ride mapped out on mapmyride.com:

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united...n/678939626129

One thing I had a rough time with was a second pass up Rt. 1A. Once you've done it once, especially after 80 miles, you don't want to go up and then back down again to complete the 100. I think they might have changed that this year (I hope!)

This year, we'll be doing an after ride cookout so if you want to join us you are more than welcome! My second cousin from Boston is coming down to do the 30 mile ride with her husband, so you wouldn't be the only folks from Mass!

If you would like to meet the organizers, they are having a meet and greet Thursday, March 26th at the RedRock Bar and Grille on route 1 in North Kingstown, from 6-8.

If you'd like to join Team Rhodelicous, send me a TE-mail!
    Anj
    I can do five more miles.