Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley

Cool Arkansas Ride for the Cure

To disable ads, please log-in.

Only 3 cycling events in the US and one is scheduled in my neck of the woods.

Saturday 18 April in Jonesboro, AR. Ride 10, 20, or 50 miles, fully supported.

Proceeds go to the Susan G. Komen foundation.

http://www.hmg.md//view/70

Oh poo, that's the same weekend as my baseball league's Opening Day!

Karen
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    insidious ungovernable cardboard

I was hoping you could make it. I'm planning on the 50 mile ride unless things change.

ride report

We got to the location a little early and checked in. I had decided to wear my new pink leopard jersey--a hot TE item--as well as a long sleeve Under Armour tee, summer weight wool tank (thanks Susan O for the tip! ) and capris. There were about 100 or so riders at the Ride for the Cure, a few less than anticipated because of the weather. The forecast had called for thunderstorms but fortunately that had cleared out before the ride, leaving a steady light rain.

I had initially planned on the 50 miler, but after I conned, er, asked Mr. Sundial to participate, we thought it would be better to do 20 miles. We rode with a fun group that included a family that had previously trekked across 2 states on a mountain bikes. The dad was on a full suspension bike and was joined by another mtb'er as we chatted about niceties for our mtbs. During the course of our chat I had secretly wished I had ridden mine, but when we crested several hills, it was nice being on the speedy bike.

I rode with one cancer survivor for awhile and during our ride she was grinning from ear to ear, even as she became drenched in the rain. Her bike had been given to her as a Christmas present and she was just relishing the whole experience. I think with every puddle we rode through she became even more delighted. I was reminded again that often the special pleasures of life are usually free.

We finished the ride and packed it up and headed for a mexican restaurant. After lunch we were both ready to curl up for a nap and snooze the afternoon away. It was a good kind of tired for a worthy cause.

Yay! I'm glad you had a good time in spite of the rain. We had 100% chance of rain today, so we canceled our opening day and moved the pictures inside--and then it didn't rain until mid afternoon!

Karen
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    insidious ungovernable cardboard

Thanks Karen! Hope you have a great ball season.

Sounds like an awesome day despite the weather! If ya'll have an inkling to drive to an organized event, come visit us for the Harmonie Hundred in early May. We're just an hour east of Mt. Vernon IL.
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

Thanks Mr. Silver. It would be fun to ride with other TE'ers.