Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Its not too early.....

To disable ads, please log-in.

...to start planning a visit to Tulsa!

I've probably posted about this the past couple of years, but I'm gonna do it again! I hope you all will consider the TULSA TOUGH bike ride/race/festival as one of your cycling destinations for '09. I'm not a coordinator for the ride or even related to any of them. I do volunteer for it, but its the ride and the races that really "get me".

Check out http://www.tulsatough.com/site/tulsatough/section/18

This has fast-become a major event on many folks' racing calendars. There are three different and challenging crit venues over the 3-day event. The purse gets bigger each year too (150K this year!). I think Team Toyota United was one of the big name teams that came last year. I can't wait to see which teams come this year.

Here's a video I put on YouTube from photos I took during the first day's Mens Cat 3 crit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM3o--Tr2vI

As for the rides... two days of DIFFERENT 50mile, 100K, or 100 mile journeys await you! And hey.. I can attest.. Tulsa, Oklahoma is NOT FLAT! Both days are super-supported by great volunteers in the communities where the rides go through. Beautiful scenery and lots of neat folks from all over to meet. I did the Saturday century and met too many friendly folks to count last year.

This is my favorite supported-event ride of the year. DAM JAM is a close second. But....If you only have money to travel for one event ride or race though... this is the one you should chose. Forget HHH..you'll be much happier in Tulsa!

If anyone's real curious now, let me know.. I'll be glad to answer any questions about the events, or where to stay, etc..

What're you waitin for?? Sign up, girls...and bring your racing/riding so's too!
    2009 Giant Avail Advanced 1
    2008 Trek FX 7.5 (Commuter)

Baby Blue..retired to new rider: 2006 Giant OCR-C

bump!

Anyone interested in coming to town? Seriously...its a great weekend!!

My team (Metro Volkwagen) will be there unless half the riders are out of the country. I'll stiff probably come even if they are, because it was a great race last year!
    Because not every fast cyclist is a toothpick...

Brick House Blog

Awesome Andrea! Which course of the three was your favorite?

edit: Holy cow, lady! Just read some of your blog - specifically the Rouge Roubaix. Badazz is all I can muster, gf! I'll look for you n your team and throw down some serious cowbell just for you "guys" !

("I got a fevah..and the only prescription...is more cowbell!") lol No, really... Very impressive! Racing with men and getting up on their little psyches (sp?).. awesome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij43NTqDtjg
    Last edited by BabyBlueNTulsa; 03-12-2009 at 03:56 AM.

Thanks! I liked day 2 the best. I actually didn't race on day 3 because after that storm came through, I went to the course to find out what was going on, and an official told me that the entire day was canceled! So, I packed up & went home, only to find out later that the p/1/2 race had been run...
    I think the hill would have killed me, anyway!

Brick House Blog

I have heard of the infamous Rouge Roubaix. A lot of people come test the Tunis-Roubaix in Texas then hit the Rouge. I heard it is brutal.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I live in Tulsa and every year I look forward to going out and watching the races at Tulsa Tough. It's a great weekend of drinking draft beer from the downtown pubs and cheering on the racers.

I'm still too chicken to do any of the rides but my husband has done them for the past couple of years. Last year he got caught out in a pretty bad storm. I sat at home and watched the hail ruin my roof for the second time in 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post
    I have heard of the infamous Rouge Roubaix. A lot of people come test the Tunis-Roubaix in Texas then hit the Rouge. I heard it is brutal.
    This year was my first Rouge Roubaix... I loved it because I occasionally get bored during long races, and this was 100 miles broken up with awesome gravel road sections, so it made the time go by quickly, and it added some excitement

Brick House Blog