Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

the biggest, baddest, bestest race in Menlo Park

To disable ads, please log-in.

yup! it's the Tri-Flow Menlo Park Grand Prix p/b Hawk Relay this Sunday, March 8th from 9:00am to 6:00pm.

come out and cheer/heckle, take photos, race, wander through the expo. it'll be a super-fun day for everyone. we've got 600 athletes registered already. all of the men's fields are sold out except the geezers and the uber-geezers. the Elite men and women will be highlighted from 10:50am to 1:10pm.

we're also having a short memorial for fallen cyclists, Matt Peterson and Kristy Gough at 11:50 so plan to ride a silent lap in honor of our lost friends.

http://www.velogirls.com/team/menloparkcrit.php

ps -- rumor has it that Kim Nutt will be racing in the Masters 4 race @ 1:20pm.

for those who follow women's racing, dual national champion, Brooke Miller, will be racing in the Tri-Flow Menlo Park Grand Prix. there's a little blurb in cyclingnews.com today (scroll down).

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...r09/mar05news2

Quote Originally Posted by velogirl View Post
    ps -- rumor has it that Kim Nutt will be racing in the Masters 4 race @ 1:20pm.
    LOL I just saw this, Lorri -- thanks for the plug. Great race -- that course was aLOT of fun. I loved the chicane and the backside was great -- one big u-turn. The pothole in the final corner looked dark and looming prior to the race, but was actually pretty negotiable if you remembered it was there.

Any word on that crash on the last lap? It was LOUD -- hope everyone got up ok. It happened out of the wee corner of my eye -- thankfully I was far from it.

I meant the "thank you" before we left for home -- you put on something special for the ladies, and I wanted you to know it's very much appreciated. Adding the Masters W35+ category meant I got to go home with cash in the pocket for once! Mucho thanko's. Oh, and next time, I'll remember to keep the jersey on. First time podium flubs. lol

Take care and I'll be back next year if the timing's right. Good job Velogirls!

Cya,
    Kim
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Wow - congrats Kim! Sounds like you had a great race and a great result!!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Yea, it was a pretty decent showing for me, although I'm still not quite in race-shape yet (at least where I want to be). I was 17th across the line in the combined field, but 4th in the Masters 35+ cat. They picked us old (starting to go) grey-haired ladies separately from the youngsters.

And since the podium presentation was for the first 5 places, I got called up there. Kinda cool, actually -- but awkward too, since I'm not used to the attention.

~Kim
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

That is EXCELLENT!! Way to go!
    Sarah

2011 Volagi Liscio

Congrats! I wish I could have been there!
    Be yourself, to the extreme!

Look at how she's standing - it's like she's Miss America!! That is GREAT!!! Kim you really have perfected the "royal wave".
    Sarah

2011 Volagi Liscio

since she'd taken her team jersey off, I told her to stand sideways so her sponsor name was showing. podiums are all about the sponsors -- gotta represent.

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post
    Look at how she's standing - it's like she's Miss America!! That is GREAT!!! Kim you really have perfected the "royal wave".
    It's the British side of me emerging! Actually, it was more like, "how the hell do I pose, fist up, wave, do I put my arm around the gal next to me at the same time, what....what do I do...help?!?" A moment of indecision caught on film. Doh!

Yea, I got razzed by Lorri for not keeping my jersey on, so I had to show some leg.