Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just bought some!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I had been coveting these since my cycling buddy bought some last summer, but I just couldn't justify the $115 price tag. Fortunately, with a combination of my REI dividend and the 20% off coupon, I got them for just $48 including tax!

I haven't tried them yet other than for size. I have a narrow foot (between B and AA in women's street shoes, and they are perfect in width and true to size for me.

I can't wait to wear these for errand runs with DH on my Bike Friday this spring/summer and on my mtb for casual dirt road/trail rides after work with my buddy with matching sandals!

I only wish they came in black since that would be best with bike shorts. I got the gray since I thought they'd look better with black bike shorts and two Terry skorts I have with some gray in them (I like these for rides to the farmer's market) than the new blue color.

Can't wait to wear them!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I'm seriously considering selling mine. I really wanted to love them, but they're just too different from my regular cycling shoes. I just don't feel like myself in them (even though I have lots of Keen street shoes).

what size feet do you have?

I wore them half a dozen times, at most. I even tried them on the trainer once. I think they're just not right for my riding style.

I love mine, both for cycling and regular. In fact, I have gone through three pairs of road shoes trying to find something that fits me as well as the Keens, with no luck. I'm just waiting for warmer weather so I can get out on the bike again in my sandals.
    --Coral

I have the reg sandals and they are my favorite shoes ever! Just got a new pair in black. I also have red! I do everything inthem. And they are very easy to wear socks with. They mold to your feet after a while. My hubby has two pairs as well.
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

I switched to Look pedals from spd on my road bike and my beach cruiser doesn't really need "riding" shoes so my brand new Keens are available if anyone is interested - ladies sz 9, worn maybe a half dozen times last season. Gray color. Message me if you'd like them. Theresa

I finally found a pair on keens. I normally wear size 6.5, but can also wear a wide size 6. Typically with keens I ca wear either.

The keen commuters I ended up buying were the size 6 (they didn't have 6.5, and 7's are too big and it was a good enough price that I was willing to risk i)... and they fit fine. They're a bit narrower than my normal keens, but not so narrow that I can't wear the size 6 or that they're uncomfortable.

I've definitely jogged and hiked in my Keen H20 sandals. Excellent for this type of stuff. I'd never jog in bike sandles or shoes of any kind, though. I have to admit, I have a Keen problem -- when I see them, I must have them. I have fat feet, and they are excellent for me. I wear them at work and there is SO much support in them! (much more than you'll ever get with Crocs). And they seem to last forever.
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by jesvetmed View Post
    I have to admit, I have a Keen problem -- when I see them, I must have them. I have fat feet, and they are excellent for me.
    Just a heads' up for anyone reading this thread who might be considering Keen Commuter bike sandals, though it's been mentioned before, the Commuter sandals are a bit narrower than typical Keens. I have an "A" width foot (just try finding shoes in that size -- impossible), and the Keen Commuter sandals fit me perfectly. Even sockless! "Regular" Keens I've tried on before have been too wide.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    Just a heads' up for anyone reading this thread who might be considering Keen Commuter bike sandals, though it's been mentioned before, the Commuter sandals are a bit narrower than typical Keens. I have an "A" width foot (just try finding shoes in that size -- impossible), and the Keen Commuter sandals fit me perfectly. Even sockless! "Regular" Keens I've tried on before have been too wide.
    Yup. What she said. I have wide feet and had to get the men's. The women's ones were really narrow on me.
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington

Do you guys think these are appropriate for road biking or are they more for mountain biking? I love my regular keens so these sound pretty wonderful to me for summer riding.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm new at this!

It depends on what type of pedals you use. If you use road pedals, you can't use these shoes.

I use speedplay frogs on all my bikes (road or mountain), and will use the keens for both.

Quote Originally Posted by jesvetmed View Post
    I have to admit, I have a Keen problem -- when I see them, I must have them. I have fat feet, and they are excellent for me. I wear them at work and there is SO much support in them! (much more than you'll ever get with Crocs). And they seem to last forever.
    Big ditto to this. In fact, I just bought another pair of Keens this weekend - in the kids size!

I hate, hate, hate that the cycling sandal is too narrow for me.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I use the combinations of Keens with Frogs, and I love it. I did have to carve a bit off the bottom to fit the cleat in. Any other spd type cleat should be fine too.

Personally, I don't like to wear them for rides over 40 miles, especially if they're going to be hilly miles. They are a bit more flexible compared to road shoes. However, many other TE'ers like them just fine for longer distances.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

2007 Rodriguez Adventure/B72
    2009 Masi Soulville Mixte/B18
    1997 Trek 820 Step-thru Xtracycle/B17