Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

March/April weight loss thread

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey folks - we're gearing up for another 2 month period of weight loss! I myself just signed up for a boot camp, time to jump start this. Of course if I weren't so incapable of waking up in the AM, the idea of a boot camp would be more enticing. I've done one before and did great at it, I just hate the waking up part. Oh well, I'm sure not losing weight sleeping in!

So, we will weigh in this Friday for a our first day - March 6th. On Friday, post your start weight and what your goal weight is for the final weigh in day of May 1st!
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

I'm in!

Thanks, Possegal for doing this again.

Looking forward to Friday!

Lynette

I'm in! For the whole time this time, no more drive-bys!
    Be yourself, to the extreme!

Of course I am in. This time I will have progress towards my goal

I'm in too. Put me down for a goal of 130, please. That's my Weight Watchers goal weight too!
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Quote Originally Posted by solobiker View Post
    Of course I am in. This time I will have progress towards my goal
    Me too!

And my goal will remain the same as last time since I didn't even come close: 160 lbs
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

sign me up.....lets readjust my goal to 143....thank you for doing this.

In for another try with a readjusted goal of 174. Maybe being more realistic will help.

Me too! I'm still charged up over the five pounds I lost in the last go-round.

Goal for March/April: 235.

Woohoo!

Roxy

Well, as long as we are putting our goals up now, please put mine at 134.

This is a BIG, BIG, BIG goal for me, because it is my final weight goal. Once I reach this number, I will reassess to see if I want to go lower, but for right now, this is the weight that I want to get to.

I made this weight goal almost five years ago, at age 50, when I decided to finally get off my butt and live a healthier life style. I am going to be very, very happy when I reach it.

If I get to my goal weight during this challenge, it means that, in the last 4 1/2 years, I will have lost a total of 35 pounds of fat, and gained 15 pounds of muscle, for a net loss on the scale of 20 pounds.

I am only five feet tall, so this is a significant amount of weight for me, and it has taken a long time to get this close. I am most proud of the fact that I have also gained 15 pounds of muscle in the process of losing this weight.

I can't believe how strong and healthy I have become in this process.

So, wish me good luck - if I don't reach my goal weight this time, I will definitely make it during the next challenge. I am finding the pounds are much harder to lose as I get closer to my ideal weight.

Oh, and by the way, at 134 pounds, my BMI will be 26.2, which will still tell me I am "Overweight," which I will definitely not be. So to those of you that are very muscular, like I am, please don't pay attention to your BMI - it really isn't an accurate measure of your healthy weight.

Good luck to everyone in this challenge!

Lynette

I am in. Goal will remain at 140.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

For real this time

I'm in, I have to be. I was at a very happy weight last spring, but somehow managed to gain a lot of weight. Bummer

My goal weight will be 127.

Woohoo, here we go!

Lynette - your determination shines right through your post! Thanks for sharing it with us! And congratulations on getting so close to your weight. You've obviously sustained a healthy lifestyle for several years, which means you're more likely to keep it off once you hit your goal. WooHoo!
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Please put me down for 130, well toned thank you!

I re upped my WW (I have been eating well nutritionaly, but WAYYYY too much!), and look forward to the challenge. I lost 20lbs last year, but then life got complicated. While I haven't gained any back, I'm a little squishy. Sqishy doesn't get me up hills, so here we go! My happy bike riding vegan butt is back on the wagon.

Glad to know I'm not the only one!
    Be yourself, to the extreme!

Ok, darn it, this time I'm doin' it for real. Goal: 130

-- gnat!