Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

To disable ads, please log-in.

So, my final weight is 138.2

And I agree with Susan. I am almost 55 years old and I am trying to get to 134. My body seems to be happy at 138.

I am not givng up. I will sign up for the next challenge with a weight goal of 134, but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

I am in the process of training for a century bike ride on June 14th. Sometimes I just need to eat more to sustain my longer training rides. It is a funny balance between eating to train, eating because you are hungry, and eating just for the sake of eating.

When you are trying to lose weight, you want to be a little hungry each day, but you also can't be too hungry or you feel lousy on your bike. I am still trying to find the correct balance.

But, congratulations to everyone that took part in this challenge. See you again next month!

And, once again, thank you PosseGal for being the keeper of the chart.

I, for one, really appreciate it.

Lynette

I am at 132.5. I know that during the time I was sick that I ate way less, just had NO appetite but after that!!! ooops...Still, I am happy and will continue to do this because the support here is really highly motivating and I must admit that I definitely think twice about eating something now, knowing I have to "report" at the end of the week!

I have only ridden once in three weeks due to illness so hope that I can get back on target now that I am back on the bike...and it is raining today, tomorrow, and maybe Monday. I did go spin this morning, though! Good girl!!!

150.9 lb this weigh in. Can't attribute this minor loss to good health though. Will definitely go on to the next challenge with the same goal in mind. Have been unwell this week and had blood tests to check out overall health. Apparently body iron stores are very low. Being a menopausal vegetarian is taking it's toll. Oh well.... on to the next challenge.

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley

I'd like to do the next challenge. This is kinda fun!

PosseGal, thank you for providing the chart. It's nice to see our progress at a glance.

So I completely fell off this challenge. sorry. I would suspect I remained the same the entire time - it's been a bit nutty few weeks for sure. I will continue to check in and see your progress and draw inspiration from you guys!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Glad to keep the chart for folks. Just need to get myself more dedicated to what I really need to do. I need to make a lot better choices and get myself more active. But lately been wrestling with some personal demons. Just have to get that in check. :-)

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...pm_7PeY5pbsKDg

I'll get a post going this week for folks to sign up for the next 8 weeks. And I'll dedicate myself to being more serious about this next 8 weeks. I need to do this for me, I need to feel better about things in my life right now!
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post
    So I completely fell off this challenge. sorry. I would suspect I remained the same the entire time - it's been a bit nutty few weeks for sure. I will continue to check in and see your progress and draw inspiration from you guys!
    Sarah, anyone who climbs 10,000 ft + has my utmost respect. Don't be so hard on yourself! I know when you are ready you will do better than expected. (((((Sarah)))))

Quote Originally Posted by Possegal View Post
    I need to do this for me, I need to feel better about things in my life right now!
    Sending you a big hug too! (((((Possegal)))))

Quote Originally Posted by Possegal View Post
    And I'll dedicate myself to being more serious about this next 8 weeks. I need to do this for me, I need to feel better about things in my life right now!
    Ditto.

Put me down for a final weight of 170.1. I was really hoping to break into a lower decade, but no go.

The good news is that my H has finally agreed to the big 'V' if I make the appointment for him...so that means I can get rid of this IUD. Honestly, I blame it for the past 3.5 years of nothing but gaining despite some serious training (prior to our move) and good eating habits. While I may not be eating well enough to drop massive amounts of weight in a week, there is no way possible that I should have gained like this during this period when I was easily maintaining just prior. Anyway, I'm not making excuses because I'm not giving up. I AM looking to tip the scales (no pun intended) in my favor in the coming months. Either way, losing weight has to be MY choice and as a result of MY effort. I recognize that. No other way around it, right?!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    While I may not be eating well enough to drop massive amounts of weight in a week, there is no way possible that I should have gained like this during this period when I was easily maintaining just prior.
    GLC, I don't know what your age is but you may be going through that crazy weight gain when you're peri-menopausal. It happened to me. I actually lost weight during Christmas on a diet and continued to eat the same way until BAM! 6 months down the line my weight skyrocketed up 15 lbs. So I know hormones, or lack thereof, can cause this misery.

PS, it's harder than heck to get it off too.

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    GLC, I don't know what your age is but you may be going through that crazy weight gain when you're peri-menopausal. It happened to me. I actually lost weight during Christmas on a diet and continued to eat the same way until BAM! 6 months down the line my weight skyrocketed up 15 lbs. So I know hormones, or lack thereof, can cause this misery.

PS, it's harder than heck to get it off too.
    Sundial - I don't think I'm there yet. This all started at age 38 (though I'm 41 now), so I'm pretty sure it's too early for that yet. My mom was 47 before she started, so with any luck, I've still got some time. Of course, that looming transition is another reason I feel the pressure to get this all straightened out NOW...before it gets even harder!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Possegal - thank you for keeping the chart & sorry I didn't inform that I wasn't going to keep posting. I accrued another injury along with my knee injury and could not exercise to lose weight. now it's about short flat walks & rehab/gentle pilates.

Don't worry about it! I totally understand how life can intrude on one's plans. Mine keeps doing the same. Hope you are feeling better and fast on the mend.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!