Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Ooooohh! Forgot to weigh myself this morning... I will make my update tomorrow.
    Andrea

1988 Bridgestone mixte
    2002 Trek 2200
    2011 Surly Long Haul Trucker

I'm at 230 (ugh) this morning. More realistically, would like to be 210 in 2 months.

CA
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Tucker would like to join. He currently weighs 17.5 pounds. The vet thinks he'll be ok if he doesn't gain anymore. But we would like him to lose a pound or two. He's only 18 months old, very active and the two kitties eat only a cup to a 1 1/3 cups of dry food a day. He does not seem to eat more than Cassie. The vet thinks maybe he is getting too many carbs and that we may need to switch to wet food.

Tucker's mom weighs 155 today and she would like to get to 148 or so.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    The vet thinks maybe he is getting too many carbs and that we may need to switch to wet food.

Tucker's mom weighs 155 today and she would like to get to 148 or so.

Veronica
    (bit of a hijack here)
    If you take Tucker off the carbs he likely will slim down. Since the pet food scare I've done a bit of research.... turns out cats are true carnivores- the atkins diet is just right for them.... They really need pretty much 0 carbs. In the wild they wouldn't get anything more in the way of grains and vegetables than what might be in the stomachs of their prey. If you feed dry, its best to look for a grain free food (no supermarket brands fit this at all...) - better yet feed grain free canned or if you are feeling more daring go raw. Cats also evolved in the desert - their ancestors got all of their moisture from food and they have little instinct to drink water (and poor mechanical means... unlike dogs they are very inefficient at lapping up water), so many strictly dry fed cats are always somewhat dehydrated. My two slimmed down pretty quick when I made the switch - and they stopped drinking from a bowl completely (I went 100% canned).
    Last edited by Eden; 03-06-2009 at 06:13 AM.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Continuing the hijack...

That's interesting. We're giving him a month on the weight reduction formula dry food. And if he is still too heavy, we'll switch then to a high quality canned food. We're weighing both of them once a week - Cassie is a little peanut and we don't want her getting too light.

They do both drink a LOT of water. Much more than our previous two kitties. But those kitties got canned food.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

starting weight 149.....

Starting weight: 143.5

I weighed 3 times because I am shocked, WW weigh-in on Monday was 146.5. Goal is still 140 because it has been slow moving off the 145-146 plateau, still think I am only down because my tummy has been angry the past two days.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Ugh - first weigh-in is 173.3! I need to change my goal to 165, please.

I have no idea why I'm up so much, but it is what it is. Onward and downward, as they say.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

hi all. I've been away for a while but would like to join the challenge. I weighed in at 122 this a.m. my ultimate goal is to get back to @110-112 but for this challenge I'll say 117 since I'm limited by a knee injury and have to take things slower than I'd like. good luck everyone!

I've skipped the last couple challenges, but need to get back on the bandwagon. Through the winter I've lost the motivation to exercise regularly and as a result, have found a few extra pounds.

This morning - 137.8
    Goal this time - 130
    Health is the thing that makes you feel like now is the best time of the year--Franklin Pierce Adams

265.6 for me

Hey folks - I'm including the link to the spreadsheet for everyone. I can post a picture if folks prefer, or just keep posting the link in my responses. Up to you folks. I've added in what was posted today - converted the kg to lbs just because we now have a total for the whole group calculation and that would skew it downward. I can also put a separate line if you would like laterider, where it presents as the kg number, just let me know.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...Y5pbsKDg&hl=en
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post
    Starting weight: 143.5

I weighed 3 times because I am shocked, WW weigh-in on Monday was 146.5.

Congrats on breaking through the plateau.

Ya know, I've had the same experience several times over the past 4 months. I've been doing pretty much the same thing week after week after week. Some weeks the scale barely budges, other weeks it moves 3 pounds. It's almost like my body says "ok fine, if you're really going to keep working this hard, I'll let some fat go", after which it promptly digs in it's heels again and gets stubborn. Last week was 3 pounds, this week just 0.5 pounds. I can't explain it, but as long as it goes in the right direction, I guess I'm cool with that.

Susan
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Weighing in at 180

I'm joining if it's okay. My starting weight is 197 and my goal weight is 181.
    Thank you Possegal for doing this. Jones