Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ouch!!!

Ouch!!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Is what running mommy screamed to get running hubby's attention after she went OTB this morning on her mtn bike.
    Bike and RM both have a few nicks.
    But the biggest casualty was her expensive Sugoi RS shorts... they are toast. Or swiss cheese as it may be. ugh

We were on a newly cut trail this morning. I came to a downhill section w/some sketchy rocks that I felt the need to say no to. So I walked that part and then in my infinite wisdom decided to re-mount on the steep downhill. Not a wise decision. I couldnt get my butt back over the saddle fast enough, hit a sketchy part, and flew over the bars. Hit on my left side. Left shoulder is very sore, left hip is HAMBURGER- hence the swiss cheese effect on the shorts, knee is messed up, forearm lost a layer of skin, and my chest (left boobal area) is very sore.
    UGH
    But on the upside, that mean't I was riding right??

I have a pic of my hip, all bloody and bruised, but somehow I think that most may not want to see it. heh heh

Ouch it is!

Ouch, ouch, ouch!!!! Ohhh I so feel for you. And it always happens when you are wearing your most expensive/favourite pair of nicks. Remember.... rest, ice, compression, elevation... except if any of those things hurt

Hang in there and remember, as soon as you can, get right back on that horse.

Take care
    Keep ridin' and smilin'....

Ouch is right, hope you have a quick return to the bike!

Ouchie! Take it easy, ice and stretch, hope you feel better soon.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

RM, sending you loads of healing butterflies!! Ouchie! And, yes, ice & elevation are necessary, but don't forget to massage the bruises! They heal faster that way!

Hugs,
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

Ouch indeed!! Dh bruised last weekend and it is turning some spectacular colors, we have been photoing but somehow thing no one wants to see. But it is like FUSCHIA, who knew the body did that?

Take care of yourself and next time remember "Walk today, ride tomorrow".
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

thanks all! This morning I'm a bit sore. I tried to run, but my shoulder wouldn't take the motion.
    Lastnight my mom chastised me for not cleaning out the wounds on my hip. I landed squarely on a patch of jagged granite rocks, so I have a bunch of puncture type wounds. My mom is concerned about all the "bugs" in our soil (her words). Our soil does have a bacteria that causes this nasty thing called Valley Fever, so I guess she has a point. So I had running son help me to clean them out with peroxide. YIKES did that sting. This morning my hip is all bruised around the patch of punctures. No way I can massage those right now tho.
    YOUCH the whole area is just too sore!
    Hope to be back riding tomorrow, but I think it'll be on the road bike!

Major yow-wee indeed. Please take it easy and you may want to give your shoulder an extra day of healing.

going OTB is a pretty major

wish you quick recovery.
    Smilingcat

Ouch is right!!! Take care of yourself and heal fast.

I'm just getting back into mtn biking and I've had plenty of spills as of late. Nothing like that though and mine hurt plenty enough.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

OW! Keep those shorts, you never know when you need to impress a child with a grisly story

Good healing to you!
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

lph- how is the elbow? You are back in the saddle correct??

As for the shorts. Yep I showed running son when he got home yesterday. At first he thought the terrier had gotten a hold of them. Then I lifted my shorts to show him my hip. He gasped and asked if I went to the hospital.
    Not quite that caliber, but ouchie all the same!

Just a few minutes ago I was squeezing by some bikes in our storage area. A bmx bike handlebar caught me in the bad hip. YOUCH!!!!! It took all I had not to shout some "not so nice" words!

As of today, yeh

But I'd never heard of massaging a bruise before - sounds painful
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Quote Originally Posted by Running Mommy View Post

Just a few minutes ago I was squeezing by some bikes in our storage area. A bmx bike handlebar caught me in the bad hip. YOUCH!!!!! It took all I had not to shout some "not so nice" words!
    Aaaaah! Reading that made me squirm in my chair. Ooowwwww! I *hate* it when you bang an already-bruised spot.

I have a friend who's always telling me to massage a bruise. I can't ever bring myself to do it -- too painful! Try some arnica on the bruises.

I hope you feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by wackyjacky1 View Post
    I have a friend who's always telling me to massage a bruise. I can't ever bring myself to do it -- too painful! Try some arnica on the bruises.
    Actually, that's the best trick. Find a good arnica salve, and massage the bruise as much as you can, as soon as you can do it! It encourages circulation which leads to healing. And if the bruise has the big hard bit in the middle, I think that's a hematoma, but I'm no doctor, apparently that can turn into a calcium deposit that won't ever go away, or something like that. A doctor told me that years ago. After you're used to it, you'd be amazed at how bad a bruise you can massage.....

Still sending loads of healing butterflies your way, RM!

Hugs, too
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

????
    The bruises are big patches under the patches of puncture wounds. Can I put arnica on that? They are kind of deep, and still a bit weepy.
    And I do think one is more like a hematoma. Large raised, looks a bit differnet from the other bruised areas.