Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: kettlebells

kettlebells

To disable ads, please log-in.

Does anyone workout with kettlebells? I've been thinking about training them. Is 10 lbs about the right weight to start out with????
    2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Comp
    2006 Trek 7100

I've tried them but without any formal instruction.
    I highly recommend instruction otherwise you'll just be lifting like usual or swinging them around like a madwoman.

Maybe you can get some info here
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

I see people using them at the gym. Some of them look like they're going to hurt themselves. So I agree that getting instruction first would be good.

Thanks, I think I'll just use my hand weights(that I already have) - these kettlebells are really pricey.
    2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Comp
    2006 Trek 7100

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Different from hand weights. The key is using your core to swing the bell, not your arms. We do a lot of KB swings in Crossfit and we never swing to the side; always vertical. We also do squats with them and occasionally box jumps. It is an amazing tool; I definitely have a love/hate relationship with it. I think the one I'm currently swinging is 35 pounds. I started with an 18 pounder (I think). In addition to Zen's link, you can read more about it on this page .

If you have an opportunity to try one, give it a whirl. I wouldn't buy one without trying it.