Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

2009 centuries and other organized rides

To disable ads, please log-in.

Get out your calendars, ladies. Here is a partial list of popular rides for 2009. Thanks to the Oxon Hill Bicycle Club for listing all these -- and many more -- on their website. http://ohbike.org/events/index.htm#april25

One of my favorite rides, the Patuxent River Rural Legacy Ride, is scheduled for Saturday, June 13 this year. Starts in Merkle Wildlife Sanctuary, Croom, MD.

National Capital Tour de Cure is Sunday, June 14 in Reston, VA.

Civil War Century is Saturday, Sept. 12 in Thurmont, MD.

Southern Maryland Fall Century - Indian Head 100 is Sunday, Sept. 13 in Indian Head, MD.

PPTC Historic Backroads Century, Berryville, VA, Sunday, Sept 20.

Sea Gull Century, Salisbury, Md, Saturday, Oct 10.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Oxon Hill was my favorite club when I lived in DC! They have great rides. I particularly like the ones through Amish Country in southern Maryland. Another favorite is the Cobb Island Metric, usually in August.

Bike Virginia starts in Charlottesville this year and the theme is Journey Through Hallowed Ground. Civil War sites and such. It ought to be a great week of riding.

Nice to see another Oxon Hill fan here! I'm currently a member and will be riding the End Hunger Calvert ride, April 25 with a group. It looks really well supported and all of the money goes to charity. I'm trying to get more rides down here as the roads along the bay are so beautiful.

Will see y'all on the Wild Goose Chase the weekend after!

I think I'm also going to do the End Hunger ride on April 25. It looks like a good first "official" ride of the season.