Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

TE and 1% for the Planet

To disable ads, please log-in.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Jeff Mendenhall
    TeamEstrogen.com
    p: 877-310-4592
    f: 503-924-2030
    jeff@teamestrogen.com
    http://www.TeamEstrogen.com

TeamEstrogen.com Joins 1% For The Planet
    Retailer announces 2008 contributions to environmental causes

Hillsboro, OR, February 10, 2009 – Oregon-based women’s athletic apparel retailer TeamEstrogen.com announced its 1% For The Planet recipients today.

1% For The Planet was launched in 2001 by Yvon Chouinard, environmental activist and founder of outdoor clothing company Patagonia, Inc., and Craig Matthews, owner of Blue Ribbon Flies. Members donate at least 1% of their annual sales to environmental organizations worldwide. The alliance aims to prove that taking environmental responsibility is good for business.

TeamEstrogen.com joined 1% For The Planet in late 2008. “While we’ve always contributed to worthwhile organizations, we decided to step up and formalize our commitment to giving back,” said Susan Otcenas, president of TeamEstrogen.com . “By becoming a 1% For The Planet member, we join over 1,000 companies worldwide who have joined forces to ‘Keep Earth in Business’ by supporting nearly 1,700 non-profits.”

TeamEstrogen.com has selected the following environmentally-focused organizations as recipients of its 1% For The Planet contribution:

Bicycle Transportation Alliance
    Thunderhead Alliance for Biking and Walking
    Union of Concerned Scientists
    Adventure Cycling Association

“Now more than ever, non-profits need our support,” said Otcenas. “The economic crisis has had a negative effect on charitable giving and endowments at many organizations. If we want these organizations to continue to do their important work, we need to support them with our dollars. This year we have chosen to concentrate much of our contribution on organizations that promote bicycling and walking as viable, earth-friendly modes of transportation.”

For additional information on TeamEstrogen.com, please contact Jeff Mendenhall or visit www.TeamEstrogen.com. More information about 1% For The Planet can be found at onepercentfortheplanet.org

About – TeamEstrogen.com is an online retailer of women’s cycling triathlon and fitness apparel headquartered in Hillsboro, Oregon. TeamEstrogen.com has been serving women in the United States and around the world for 11 years.

Very cool! Glad to hear that.

PS - I didn't know Craig Matthews was the co-founder of 1% for the planet. He's my favorite person (shop) to go to when I need to find a new fly rod. Actually helps me analyze the best rod for my casting technique rather than just blathering about the rod. Not to mention, a superb fly tier and super nice guy.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Yippee! Thanks Susan.

Thank you for giving back. It is hard to do in these times, so thank you again.

w00t! Yet another reason to shop TE (as if we didn't have enough already).

Do I smell wool?
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

The pleasure is all ours.

Here's a question. We've been thinking about having our customers help us to direct some of those funds. The idea is that after you complete checkout, you'd be able to direct your order's 1% to one of a list of organizations that we support. What do you think?

Heck, I wish I could do that with my tax payments. I'm pretty sure I'd send them in a different direction than they currently go...

Susan
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

It's wonderful that you do this. It would be very cool to be able to help direct where it goes.

TE is a great company!
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Yes, that would be great !

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

I love it when companies allow the customer to choose which charity to support!

TE Rocks. Really.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom