Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Another Day... Another Week...Another Running Thread Week of 2/9-2/15...

To disable ads, please log-in.

Did 30 minutes easy run last night, about 2.5-2.8 miles. I switched my training schedule up from intervals to easy because my legs were fried. So tonight I have to do those intervals- yuck!
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

2 miles on the treadmill yesterday before I met with my trainer. I did intervals - 2 min. at a pretty fast pace, 2 minutes at my usual pace, 1 min. walk.

I had egg rolls for lunch. They are not good pre workout food.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

We have a new layer of snow today so no intervals on the track, darn! I was really looking forward to getting off the treadmill and hitting the track. So back to the gym today for 5-800's and min rest and a warm up mile and cool down mile. Then I went to the yoga class. That felt great and the intervals went pretty good.

I did my 11 miler LSR on Sunday and nothing Monday due to work.

Egg rolls sound great right now! Yum!
    Anita "Shiraz"

I was sick last week, and the bronchitus stole my voice.....teaching was impossible, but it was 65 degrees Friday.....so even though I felt horrible, I went for a beautiful 5 mile trail run anyway....with lots of tissues

Long bike ride saturday (50 miler) and an extremely hilly run on Sunday.....back to the pool yesterday and out on a run tonight....6 miles tonight.

I still have a bit of a cough, but I have a terrible time cutting back! I did take one day off last week, and I just slept instead. I know it helped!

I think my principal would be appalled if he knew what I did when I was sick! I just have no willpower!
    Slow and steady (like a train!)

http://kacietri-ing.blogspot.com/

Be careful Kacie- bronchitis can stick around a long time and become worse as pneumonia! But I have also been told it is okay to run or bike with bronchitis because it does hang around so long. My doctor just said "you may not want to be outside breathing cold air". I usually get it in November/December.
    Amanda

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I know....I am chock full of meds.....My doctor also said that if i had even a little bit of a cough when I ran out to call him. It is actually in th 70's here though, so I am not worried about the whole cold air. It is always a balance!
    Slow and steady (like a train!)

http://kacietri-ing.blogspot.com/

True, I can only stay inside so many days when I am sick. I usually choose to hike or ride at an easy pace but if you are training that is not always an option. Hope you get to 100% soon!
    Amanda

Just be careful Kacie!

Eight miles (high )... and yoga's REALLY helping. Especially when I ran right after yoga class. The more flexibility I get in the lower back, and especially the more my lumbar curve gets restored, the more naturally my pelvis rotates when I run. After my turnaround when I saw my footprints and noticed that my right foot is still toeing out a little bit, I could inner spiral the thigh and feel my leg straighten. When my arches started burning a teensy bit and I wondered whether Blister Block was going to be enough for such a long sandy run, I could cue myself big toe mounds, four corners of the feet and arch support doesn't come from shoes (although my feet are definitely in the early stages of learning that). And of course when I started to fatigue, I could visualize the energy in my center powering me and pulling me forward.

I'm afraid that if I build too much mileage too early without any problems, I'll be tempted to do the full marathon in the fall. I'm crazy that way. I'd better sign up for the half now. (she says, fully intending that it's NOT going to be the next thing I do on the Internet. )

Another beautiful day... the beach was perfect... I'm grateful... yay.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I promise I will start yoga when I finish my PhD. (Late in the Summer. I hope.)

In the meantime, I'll run twice this week, just short easy runs with a few strides thrown in.

Sunday is my half-marathon.

As much as I wanted to skip running today after just having my hair cut & beautifully styled I hopped on the dreadmill at the Y for a 3.2 miler.

Felt good & the shorter hair makes for a more comfortable run. Although I did learn one lesson, not to wear pants to run indoors. I just get way to hot. Guess if this rain keeps falling I will have to find my skirt.

Question: For those of you who run at a Y, if you want to run longer then the allotted 30minute limit do you just sign up for use on a different treadmill? I was hoping to go 5miles today, but wasn't sure what to do.
    For more details, check out my blog! http://stubborntriathlete.blogspot.com/

For all the randomness, follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/ShootRunTri

I went for a 30 min run today after work. I was pretty sleepy tired but I made myself go. It started to snow lightly during my run which was nice. I need to motivate myself to lift my weights later tonight and do some yoga. I have been in kind of a funk today. My work hours have been cut a little which worries me and when I was talking with my Dad the other night he mentioned that my Mom is not doing very well. Luckily I am going to go visit them next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Urlea View Post
    As much as I wanted to skip running today after just having my hair cut & beautifully styled I hopped on the dreadmill at the Y for a 3.2 miler.

Felt good & the shorter hair makes for a more comfortable run. Although I did learn one lesson, not to wear pants to run indoors. I just get way to hot. Guess if this rain keeps falling I will have to find my skirt.

Question: For those of you who run at a Y, if you want to run longer then the allotted 30minute limit do you just sign up for use on a different treadmill? I was hoping to go 5miles today, but wasn't sure what to do.
    I am assuming your Y does not have indoor track. When I was a member of the Y the one I went to had one. Granted it was pretty dull as I think it was about 13-14 laps per mile. Other then that can you go at a different time when the treadmills aren't as busy?...Off hours??

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Well, I was going to run at the Y tonight after finishing my swim, but then got up to the gym and every treadmill was being used!! I did not feel like waiting around, so just went home. My Y does have an indoor track but it is a really crummy one that seems like an injury waiting to happen so I have decided not to use it anymore.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

I wrote about Monday's run on last week's thread...
    OK, today is going to be 45-50. I really want to go on a group ride that is starting in the next town. But yesterday, after a combination of a 3.5 hour interview for my internship (I participated in the group therapy, got interviewed by the clients), being in class until 9:15, getting home at 10, and hearing that the one internship I wanted can't take me because no one wants to supervise me, even though they want me, I feel like cr*p. My asthma started hurting last night and now I just feel like my nose is runny and I am tired.
    Every time I start to run, this happens. Is my body telling me something, or is it just a set of circumstances? I know I should forget about the ride and take a walk, but I can't!!!

Did 40 minutes intervals last night as planned, made it through just before a whopper of a storm came in. I was shocked to be running a bit strong but not pleased to have a bit of rawness rubbed on my thighs. Said storm interrupted my sleep and made it quite fitful all night, I have never heard winds like those! I may skip tonight's 30 minute easy run in favor of sleep. I am so tired this morning I can hardly see straight.

Crank- My theory is when you feel that mentally and physically down you should rest however your body requests. If it is saying a ride will lift you up, do it. If it is sleep, do that. If it is a long bath and nothing, do it. May not be a good training plan but it keeps me sane most of the time.
    Amanda