Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Spokelits- Texas Gals Listen UP!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I was a bit annoyed to find Spokelits, the wonder lights for your wheels last night at Academy. See I wanted some for DH for Christmas and REI was on backorder. In the end I ordered them over the net and paid $10/each but due to a shipping error only one arrived in time for Christmas. At Academy that is 9 miles from the house (or there is one practically next door to my office) they are $5.99.

So my morning PSA, the lights rock and you can get them for way less locally at Academy in green or red.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I will be heading to Academy this afternoon! Merci for the heads-up.

No problem. I was actually in two yesterday, one to look then later one closer to home when I decided to buy new shoes. Both had them. None of the bike shops do though?
    Amanda

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post
    None of the bike shops do though?
    Perhaps they're too "Fred" for bike shops?

Went to Academy and, sure enough, they were $5.99. I was going to get two, but for some reason my credit card wouldn't go through. I only had enough cash for one.

(When I got home I checked my account and found out that someone must have stolen the card info and made a few unauthorized charges -- two in Italy, one in France -- so there's a hold on my account until it gets sorted out. )

You poor thing, I had my account stolen last fall and that was a pain! You should at least get to go to such nice places if charges will be made there.

I wonder why the LBS doesn't have them, they have a commuter area but not these. Maybe they haven't seen them yet? Granted I only looked at my usual one and REI there are about 15 bike shops here.

DH found them a little tedious to install but once they are on I think you will be happy with the product, it is really cool!
    Amanda

Joke's on them, really, 'cause I'm not exactly rollin' in the dough. I've always said that if anyone tried to steal my identity, they'd end up begging for their real identity back.

OK, I'm glad you said that about your DH having a little trouble installing them. I have to admit I puzzled over it for a while. It looks so simple, no tools required or nothin'!

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Amanda- thanks for the tip. I have an Academy on my way home from work. I'm heading there tomorrow. I was being too cheap to pay $10 for them. Now I don't have an excuse.

Wackyjacky- so sorry about your cc. We don't check our credit report like we should. My step-father stole my personal info about 10 years ago and I had to put a freeze on my ssn for 7 years (thankfully he never did anything but taunt me with it). Anywho- I digress.... I hope it all gets sorted out soon!!!!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

TG- I figured I could get over being annoyed with the fact that I paid too much by telling others who would be happy with the info! If they sold the blue I would get some for my bike. May just break down and get the red. I didn't realize Academy was now in OK.
    Amanda