Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

mayanorange, I like your design.
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Good grief, we have to choose?
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    In short-listing designs, I probably would not choose a design that had similarities with an existing jersey design.

Sorry, this is design competition and hence, focus must be truly original in composition, colour in relation to fit /general shape of the jersey itself. It would help that that design did make a cyclist visible to some extent from a few blocks away at least.

Meaning..I wouldn't wear a black jersey..

mayanorage, that's really clever how you incorporated the TE logos into the bike !

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Thanks, I like playing with things like that- turning them into something else. I'm working on one where the girl on bike is more prominent. I could do one with a plain TE logo bike too, but I thought it needed a rider.

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    I'm pretty sure people can tell I'm female whether the word "she" is on my jersey or not. And, at least around here, people are far more likely to try to run me off the road than make sexist comments.
    Most of my ride are before work (in the dark) so .... LOL. Safety is a concern for me.

Ham(m)er's "yesterday/today" design is cool! I'm anxious to see what she does with the back of the jersey. What a great idea.

There are some amazing submissions. I think I like them all!

How about "One less car" instead ...? Might have a positive effect on drivers' consideration.
    Is this jersey only intended for roadies or to make political statements? I hope this jersey doesn't become a political billboard. I'd like to see something that just makes you smile. Several of these designs fit the ticket.

If I have to, I advocate for cyclists, not against cars.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by wackyjacky1 View Post
    Ham(m)er's "yesterday/today" design is cool! I'm anxious to see what she does with the back of the jersey. What a great idea.
    I really like the concept of that jersey--where we've been and where we're going. Very nice. Very original.

But, I'm not convinced of the implementation. I'm not artistic, but I wonder if you did yesterday on the front and today on the back (or vice versa) instead of trying to squeeze them both on the same side? And/Or maybe change the style more than just black/white--do yesterday ala' Retro Image and do today in a modern style? Hey, I said I had no concept of art...

Oh, and, mayanorange--I keep logging in looking for Version 2. I can't imagine you'll top version 1, but I keep looking...

one less car has been taken.

http://onelesscar.org/

There is one design I really like (not mine ) but there are parts of it I don't like.
    I would like to see elements of some designs incorporated with others.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Thorn - That would be a good idea too, splitting the yesterday/today idea into two different images and potentially two styles.

I'm working on the back panel... it's not drawing out like I thought that it might. We'll see how it goes.

I wish that I was able to work it out in illustrator, making changes and adjustments would be easier in that program instead of photoshop.

mayanorange: +1 I like the stylized bike! Very cool.

Thorn- It'll probably be tomorrow by the time I get to it. Should be faster since it's a modification sort of, but I still take forever trying to get these things right.

I'm still not 100% happy with Version 1, but it gets the general idea across. I was hoping for long and winding road starting in green rolling hills or similar, then ending up at a city at sunset, but I couldn't get it look quite right in photoshop. Though now I really like the bike design, so I'm going to focus on that for the next iteration.

I'm totally open to suggestions if anyone has any!

Quote Originally Posted by Urlea View Post
    This is for those that wanted something brighter and more like a traditional jersey. It could come in about any color you can think of, but i chose this color for visibility. Of course the back pocket could also be the same color as the jersey, but I was thinking of trying to slim out love-handles by using the black.

The swirls by the wheels are to imply motion & soften up the design.

And this is a little more girly. Uploaded larger so you could read the text on the petals. If you have ideas of what to put on the petals instead let me know!

Now back to using PhotoShop for what it was intended for in my day-to-day routine, work. This has been fun!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE DAISY JERSEY!! WOOT WOOT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ha(m)mer View Post
    mayanorange: +1 I like the stylized bike! Very cool.
    I thought it was clever too. then I started watching the Tour of California and, well...
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager