Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Aggie... I think this bike has your name all over it!

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=28955

Titus, you know, like all the cool kids ride! I have ridden a Juliana, it didn't rock my world. But then again, I like a true XC stance (none of this AM stuff, bleck!). The bike that really stopped me in my tracks, sky opened up, angels heard on high, was the Yeti ASR-SL. Totally blacked out, sub 25lb, from first crank I was in love. Too bad she was 4k...

I love all black bikes. Everything else makes my butt look fat.

Aggie: I bought a beautiful/sexy used Juliana... but all in midnight blue. I LOVE the blue. White -- no way! It would look good when you first get it, but after that there's no way I could keep up! But it's pretty muddy around here a lot of the time
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by alleyoop View Post
    Aggie... I think this bike has your name all over it!

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=28955

Titus, you know, like all the cool kids ride!
    I told C about that one, he said "Oh, I think I found $1800 in the couch cushions last night". Then he made some crack about me having a faster bike than him or yadda yadda. I don't think it would have a faster engine so it would probably still be slowwww.

Of course you are too tall for a WSD. I wonder if midget me might like a Juliana. I think anything would be better than my HT but shh don't tell her, kay?
    Last edited by Aggie_Ama; 02-03-2009 at 06:41 AM.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post
    I told C about that one, he said "Oh, I think I found $1800 in the couch cushions last night". Then he made some crack about me having a faster bike than him or yadda yadda.
    Funny, this pretty much what DH said, too. All good for me to have a new bike, but a better/more expensive bike than him.... that just wasn't going to happen. Silly men!

Yeah, not only am I tall, but I have male proportions, too. I did ride the Juliana and the Superlight(male version) also. It wasn't the WSD, it was the 5inches of travel. I didn't like the upright-ish and on-top-ish feeling. But that is just me!

Isn't a mtb supposed to be...dirty? Seriously! My pink and white baby looks all the gnarlier when it has mud splattered all over her. I clean her off after every three rides or so- but I would if she were dark colored too. I do think it is sexy- white, pink...muddy. Sort of like a wet t-shirt/ mud pit contest.

What is mud? I see a lot of dust <<cough>>. Makes for a lot of drivetrain lubing.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Oh we get mud once every three years. But in fact it's raining right now. We all stay off the trails until they dry out. Just an occasional puddle here and there. Yeah, generally is is dry, dust, and sand which will eat up the transmission!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post
    I told C about that one, he said "Oh, I think I found $1800 in the couch cushions last night". Then he made some crack about me having a faster bike than him or yadda yadda. I don't think it would have a faster engine so it would probably still be slowwww.

Of course you are too tall for a WSD. I wonder if midget me might like a Juliana. I think anything would be better than my HT but shh don't tell her, kay?
    Hey Aggie - I love my Juliana. She is orange and my kids call her the flying pumpkin. This is my only WSD bike. My two road bikes are "man bikes".
    I'm 5' 4".
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V