Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up For Sale - Extra-Small TITUS RACER X

To disable ads, please log-in.

Perfect for someone 4'10" to 5'2"
    Color: Metallic Blue
    Excellent Condition - Only 23.5 LBS!!

Parts are...

fork Rock Shox SID Race (just serviced, new seals)
    wheels Custom - XTR/DT Swiss 4.1d w/DT Revolution spokes
    brakes/levers Avid Speed Dial SL/Avid Single Digit 7
    tires Kenda Blue Groove
    cranks Shimano XTR
    cassette Shimano XTR
    chain Shimano XTR
    front der Shimano XT
    rear der SRAM X0
    shifters SRAM X0 Grip
    grips ODI
    handlebars Salsa Moto Ace
    stem Thompson Elite
    seat post Thompson Elite
    seat Fizik Aliante
    pedals N/A

Asking $1,800
    Flagstaff, AZ
    slzk@msn.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC290002.JPG 
Views:	2231 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	8513   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC290004.JPG 
Views:	1338 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	8514   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC290005.JPG 
Views:	1289 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	8515   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC290006.JPG 
Views:	2260 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	8516  

Ohh...that would fit me perfectly! Too bad I just started school and hubby won't let me.

Nice bike!

Question

What is the length of the top tube? Is this bike a "women specific design"?

Thank you.

That's a good price for a wonderful bike. I have a 2000 Titus Racer X in the same size (and no, they are not WSD but are known have short top tubes so are very popular with women). I find mine to be a wonderful fit, and I am 5'2" on a good day. I paid less for mine on ebay in 2006, but by the time I had replaced everything that needed replacing on it over the next couple of years, I ended up with ~$2400K in it, and my wheelset and cranks are not as good as on this one. You can easily drop $5K on a new Racer-X. I would snap this up in a second if I didn't already have mine. It's an awesome ride.

mmouwse, assuming that the geometry hasn't changed from the 2000 XS model I got, here are the specs I have, but you should ask the seller for the model year and geometry -- or you might be able to find it online once you know the model year. That's where I found these for the 2000 model:

TT 21.2"
    HA 70*
    SA 74*
    Chainstay16.65"
    ST to the center of the TT 13.0"
    ST to the top of the seat clamp 15.0"
    HT length 3.2"
    Wheelbase 40.75"
    BB 12.2"
    Standover 27.25"

I'm not sure this bike would really fit a woman as short as 4'10", though -- Titus also makes (or at least used to make) an XXS size too. Depending on her inseam (mine is around 28.5"), I'd think my XS would fit someone in the 5'0" to 5'3" range best.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

It appears the seller bought this frame on TE a couple of years ago and built it up. So, he might not have the frame specs. But, if that's the same frame, it was described as an '05.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Question

Thank you Emily and Oakleaf for the info. I sure do appreciate your input based on your experience and knowledge.
    I am 5foot 3inches, 28inch inseam, barefoot. Torso is 25inches. Arm length (from the shoulder) is 22inches. Not sure of the rest of my appropriate stats. Never done "fit" measurements. I am wondering if this frame would actually be too tall or too long for me. I will have to chat with Scotte about his size and experience with it.
    I am by nature competitive and aggressive in my athletic endeavors, although I have been pretty sedantary for the past few years. I did ride fairly regular this past summer on my hybrid pos. Could not do much offroad riding, the bike is not really set up for it, although I did try.
    I have not yet had much luck finding a used (read within my budget and size) mtb that fits me. I came across a couple of bikes that were great deals in great condition, but too tall for me.
    I did goto the Titus website yesterday after seeing this bike for sale here. Very impressive. I fell in love and lust! But.... a new Titus is out of the question at this time; far out of my budget. And this used one....maybe.
    I understand that each bike fits differently and the only true way to know is to try it.
    Someone suggested that I start with a HT rather than FS. His feeling was that it is the only true way to become a good rider, that the FS bike will "cheat" for me and stunt my skills development because it would compensate for my shortcomings. What do you all think?
    Thanks again for sharing your experience and knowledge with me.
    Last edited by mmouwse; 02-01-2009 at 09:23 AM.

Smile

Below are the specs for the geometry from Titus. And correct oakleaf, I purchased the 2005 frame off TE from a nice lady in Hawaii and it was virtually brand new. It was too small for her so she purchased a larger Racer-X frame. 2005 was the last year these frames were hand made in the USA. Mmouwse - the 27+ standover measurement I gave you over the phone was front of center on the top tube. Depending on where the measurement is done along the top tube, will depend on what the "standover" height really is. Hence the difference from the Titus specs below.

Name:	racerx_gc.gif 
Views:	1176 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	8522  

mmouwse - Based on the measurements you give, I think the bike will fit you well. You definitely don't need an XXS at 5'3", and your inseam is very close to mine, so you'll be fine with the stand-over. Your reach should be fine too since you're slightly taller than me. You can always change the stem if you need more or less reach too, so long as the frame basically fits.

As for HT vs FS, I started with a HT but found it pretty uncomfortable. I LOVE the full-suspension. At my age (47), I just don't care to be bumped around too much, and while it's true that my skills haven't developed much, it has nothing to do with the bike and everything to do with the type of rider I am. I just like to tool around on the trails, nothing too technical. At my age, and after breaking my pelvis in a road cycling accident, I'm just not going to be jumping logs or doing see-saws or drops, and that's fine with me. I just like being able to ride in places I can't take a road bike, and while the Racer-X is far more bike than I need or deserve, I loved the fact that it is so lightweight. I only weigh about 103-104 so needed a bike I could get up the hills. Most full-suspensions are heavier than hardtails, but not the Titus Racer-X.

Everyone's experience is different, but I just love my Racer-X and know there are others on this forum who have them and love them too.

(And don't worry, I don't know scotte so am not trying to sell you his bike! Just sharing my experiences with a great bike!)
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I'm 5' 3 1/2" and both my XS Racer X and Motolite fit beautifully. I've got long legs and arms, but a short torso.

The Racer X is on the short end of FS. It's a short wheel-base, short travel, quick handling, pure XC bike. This is NOT an all mountain, all terrain, freeride, whatever you want to call it bike and what most people today think of as generic FS. Don't worry about the HT or FS comparison if you can get this bike at this price with those components. Yes, HT can make you learn to pick lines better but depending on your mindset, you can learn faster on a FS because suspension will keep rolling when a HT may stutter. I learned slower on a HT because I was more afraid of falling than I am on a FS -- and I learned to mtb on a fully rigid bike so I can read lines. Because this bike has shorter travel, it is not going to be as forgiving as what most people think of as a FS (all mountain) bike so don't worry about the HT/FS argument with it.

BTW, this baby likes to climb. When you point her uphill, hang on.
    Last edited by SadieKate; 02-01-2009 at 04:34 PM.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Well I ride a hardtail and keep getting my butt kicked by someone who has been learning on FS. If you want to learn you will learn. Get what you want and tell they naysayer to buy you an extra HT if they think you need to learn on that.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Wink

Several have asked why I'm selling this bike. My 12 year old son has outgrown so I moved him up to a Small 80mm Racer-X. He rode and raced the XS Racer-X for 1 year, although he focused mainly on road racing last year. Kids grow too fast!! MUST SELL to pay for his new wheels - make me an offer!!

Name:	100_0711.jpg 
Views:	942 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	8559   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	misc 038.jpg 
Views:	954 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	8560  

That is a sweet looking bike! Hope it goes to a good home. I wish mine but my hubby thinks I have enough bikes already.
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

ummmm yeah... A 12 year old with COBALTS???!!!!
    SHEESH! I OWN a bike shop and I can't even afford those!- That and my kid really doesn't deserve them.
    WOW. Lucky kid! And nice new ride!!!

Wish I didn't have to put $1500 into a car repair or else one of these bikes would be MINE. crying...

Quote Originally Posted by Running Mommy View Post
    ummmm yeah... A 12 year old with COBALTS???!!!!
    SHEESH! I OWN a bike shop and I can't even afford those!- That and my kid really doesn't deserve them.
    WOW. Lucky kid! And nice new ride!!!
    We see it all at the local races as I am sure you do in the shop. Kids with bikes way better than DH's stumpy that he had to wait for a bonus to get. I am not jealous, I was a pretty spoiled kid and I shaped up alright. Those kids will have a rude awakening when someone stops footing the bill, I sure as heck did! Or they will be like my friends that were given nice cars for college graduation, came into moderate ($20-50k) trust funds or were given 20% down to buy their first house, they still don't have a clue how money works.

I need a better bike but alas someone else will have to bite, I chose to save my dog's life and will be just dreaming for a long time.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan