Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tour de Palm Springs

To disable ads, please log-in.

Is anyone doing the Tour de Palm Springs on Feb 14? I am doing the 55 mile and my husband is doing the century.

i'm on the fence - depends on what kind of shape and what bike I want to take(and how good I can ride it)

Hmmmmmmmmmm my inlaws are in Palm Springs for the winter and have been asking my husband and me to come down for a few days. I'll let you know if I go.
    Tis better to wear out than to rust out....

Talking Finally

It's about time you So Cal girls got on the ball and started talking about this ride. We'll be visiting the in-laws over the hill from Palm Springs and I've been signed-up since December.

Hey Aint Doody, I think you should go to. We can be the TE Pacific Northwest representatives. You can wear your POW jersey and I'll wear my WOW jersey. I'm signed up to do the 55 miler. I hope I'll be in good enough shape. I haven't had a chance to do much riding. Only 81 miles logged for the year.

So who else is going? bikerHen

I should be there - but i'm still debating what to do and what to take - since it'll probably my first second ride on my new 'bent
    Probably one of the shorter one - no century this year

Bikerhen!! I'm going. And I will do the 55 miler, too. I decided I could happily visit the in-laws if I got to go on a ride. We get in on 2/11 and leave 2/15. Hey, maybe we can get a 25 mile practise ride in or something on the 12th or 13th! I'm excited. I'm taking my Bike Friday on its first plane ride. We are staying right downtown in Palm Springs at the Worldmark on Palm Canyon Dr. Yep, we'll be the Northwest TE'ers for sure.

And the 55 mi. route doesn't look too bad. I'll be in the same shape--only been able to ride my rollers. I'd better start adding some miles on it. We'll have fun. Come on other TE'ers!!!

I'm not riding, but my daughter and I will be doing check-in Friday 3-5 or so, she doesn't get out of school until 3 so I am sure we will be late, anyhow stop by and say hi. If you are looking for a local charity for your registration fee to go to I have to recommend the Piranha swim team. If you are in town early I would love to go on a ride Thursday or Friday but I work nights so don't get up until 10ish. Jones

DH and I are staying with the inlaws in Hemet. About an hours drive away. We're leaving Spokane the 8th and planning to be in Hemet the 10th or 11th. I would definitely be up for a ride. Let's talk. Jones, a morning ride after 10am sounds good. Us northern girls could use a guide. I might even be able to talk my husband into joining us. bikerHen

Hmmm.

I have the 13 off as well. I also live about and hour away (In Rancho Cucamonga).
    The only issue is that right now, I have a stylist's appointment at 10am, otherwise it would work out, as on Saturday, I'll be probably be busy hanging out my "real life " buddies(scurries over to check Motel6.com for cheap room)

Oh, yes! A ride on Thurs or Fri after 10 sounds great! Jones, could you just sorta plan it and tell us where to meet? Another cyclist I know is going, too, and here's a link to his blog from last year's ride. Oh, boy! I'm really getting excited now.

http://www.calnan-web.com/weblog/200...alm-springs-2/

Jones, I'm willing to put myself into your hands too. bikerHen

Smile You Connected!

Aint Doody...I sent John the link to your post yesterday. I'm glad you two touched base, and hope you both have a great ride. Note...he also posted a CROC 2009 update to his blog.

Thanks, Lil! John's a great guy. you should go to Palm Springs, too. Sounds like we might have a good group. Jones, make us a plan!!! I saw that Fujichants is doing the tour, too. We could have a TE ride before the tour. BikerHen, I can't wait to see you.

Susan

Not possible...this year

I'd really love to head to the SoCal sunshine, but a business trip has dashed whatever hopes I had to give in to my spontaneous whims. Just make sure John & Teri pack up and head back North....I know they have been more than tempted to return to California permanently. I'd hate to lose them from the PNW. I hope you have a good turnout for a TE ride.

Quote Originally Posted by LilBolt View Post
    Just make sure John & Teri pack up and head back North....I know they have been more than tempted to return to California permanently. I'd hate to lose them from the PNW. I hope you have a good turnout for a TE ride.
    ICK! It's been 20 years since we left So. Cal. I can't think of any reason why I'd move back. Well maybe year round cycling. But, a visit every couple of years is all I need to remind me why we left in the first place.

Aint Doody, it will be good to see you again too. Now I won't be the only one reflecting the sun with my PNW tan. Can't wait to be warm and outside at the same time. Just hope it's not too hot or I might wilt. My FIL said it's been in the 80's. Quite the jump from our teens and twentys. bikerHen