Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

I thought registration was at Sunrise Park it's not, it's at the convention center. I am still planning to start our ride from sunrise park off of Pavilion way. The library, baseball stadium, pool and PS Pavilion are all in the Park (I mention this only to help with directions.) We are meeting in the parking lot by the Pavilion near the mural. Call if you have any questions.
    I hope this is OK, we can ride by the convention center to register if you want. Hope to see you all tomorrow. Jones

I id the ride so you know there will be pictures!

Myself, Aint Doody (on Bike friday) Jones, and friend of Jones (te name to be determined)

the house we were at:

Pee wee Hermans house is for sale:

at the Art museum
    Last edited by Fredwina; 02-13-2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: got the img code wrong

before the ride:

getting ready to go home:

gee, maybe I should buy a van

I was debating going in to work as it raining here. Had to laugh - it stopped raining at Fontana, picked up at Rialto, and stopped again at San Berdoo.
    Got to the park, went to the loo, and could not find any body, I took off for a tour of the park.
    Somebody asked me if I was looking for Jones, so I followed him. We waited for Biker Hen, decided that she wasn't going to show.
    We did a tour of Stars home. it was fun. the only problem was my seat was slipping (remember riding around and think those pedals were getting further away)
    We didn't do Indian Canyon, as a couple of us had to get back., but we had 15 miles of fun!
    P.s. - i'm doing a 'bent ride in Van Nuys tomorrow instead of TDPS. Need to practice more

Well, it was sooooo much fun. Jones (aka Linda) was a wonderful tour director. Thank you so much, Linda. We saw lotsa famous people's homes--mostly the dead ones! And, Jones, you were right. I typed my cell number in wrong. We did miss bikerHen. I hope all is OK there. And I didn't realize that Fredwina had taken so many pictures. Can I get them somehow? How great that Team Estrogen was able for us to meet and get to be friends. Yay, TE!! Now I gotta go to bed so I can do the Tour tomorrow.
    Tis better to wear out than to rust out....

I made the album public in picasa let me know and i'll forward the one you want or upload the schmeil to Photobucket
    Last edited by Fredwina; 02-14-2009 at 02:15 PM. Reason: grammar :)

Great pictures Fred, but man do I need to lose weight. It was wonderful meeting both of you and ain't dootys friend John. I hope everyone has a great ride tomorrow and the weather holds out for you. Please let me know how your rides go.
    I'm hoping that my friend will get a road bike and than she and I can go really ride. She is game for anything though. Maybe I can even get her to sign up here.
    Jones

Lucky You!

Looks like a great day in 'The Springs'. I love the architecture in the area. Also, good to see that Dr. John joined you. He is one of my favorite people to ride with...and he is the boyscout of cyclists (always prepared). Hope the Tour is fun & safe for everyone today.

Jones,
    we're in the same boat about being "extra-fluffy" I did gain some wight during my "involuntary hiatus", though.

The Tour was just great. We started out in a strong headwind, but then we turned and headed downhill with a fantastic tail wind! I had a wonderful time. At the last SAG stop I ran into bikerHen (Lisa). She'd spent a bunch of time wandering around the park looking for us. When she finally found the mural, we'd all left. She had my incorrect cell number and Jones' phone wouldn't accept her call! But she and I had a good visit. Right now I'm one tired ole girl. But I have one question for those of you who live in S. Cal. When somebody (me) yells out, "Car back!" What do the cyclists down here think that means???? Stay in the middle of the road and hope you don't get mowed down? I did see an awful lot of that. Those types really give the rest of us a bad rep. I'll get off my soapbox now and just say again that I really enjoyed the ride. The best part was at the end riding through the balloon arch with the band playing and the cheerleaders yelling. It was very exciting. And Lil--you're so right. John is a peach!

Oh, Fredwina, I'd like a copy of the group picture. Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Aint Doody; 02-14-2009 at 09:03 PM.

Dang! Sorry we miss everyone for the Friday ride. We were all over that darn park. I did see your car Fredwina. We finally found the mural, must have just missed you. DH and I had a good ride anyway. We went to a local bike store, got a map and rode out to Indian Canyon. Thought we might run into you but no luck.

The ride was GREAT! I think I was the only one riding in a sleevless jersey and shorts. At least I didn't see anyone else. The weather, for me, was perfect. The route was beautiful, the wind a little sucky, but at least when we turned it became an awesome tailwind. And I enjoyed the ultimate combination of riding. A long downhill, with rollers and a tailwind. I could have done that all day! I was so happy I found Aint Doody. Gotta love the crowd at the porti potties. Best place to find someone.

All in all a super day. May have to do it again next year. bikerHen

bikerHen-
    I am bummed we missed you. I'm glad you had a good ride anyway, too bad you didn't tell the bike shop, they know how to get a hold of me. I wonder why your call wasn't accepted by my phone?? i am going to have to call Sprint. Has anyone else ever heard of this?
    As for the "car back" thing that is the terminology we use here. I don't know why no one moves but I have seen the same thing on other rides.
    Jones

Here's a picture of bikerHen and me at the finish. What a great day! Lisa/bikerHen is on the left; I'm on the right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2140035.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	8666