Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

It is not year round cycling for me! Way too hot in the summer. How long of a ride are we looking at? I need some feed back before I make a plan I don't want to plan on doing the Tram Road if no one wants to do hills and also I am not able to climb like that, maybe some day. So how long of a ride?
    Jones

I signed up for the century, but due to my lack of training, i'll probably ride the 55 miler...or the 65 mile one (that's when you change your mind and loop back).

I vote for no Tram Rd., I've been up that road. Maybe just a gentle incline or two. I was thinking about 20 miles or so. My DH said he'll ride too if we don't go more than 25 miles. He hasn't ridden since October. Overall I'm think an easy(ish) ride. I don't want to be all worn out for the main event. bikerHen

So a loop around town to see the Elvis honeymoon hideaway and the homes of other dead celebrity's and then a loop around the canyons to loosen up everyones legs. We could ride into "Indian Canyons" it is very pretty but it is sacred Indian land and cost $8 to go past the guard gate. Yes? No? Jones.

Jones! That sounds great to me, too. I agree w/ bikerHen that we just want an easy-ish ride. I may get some fake tan for my legs before we go for my legs that haven't been seen since early October. I'm really gettin' 'cited now!!!
    Tis better to wear out than to rust out....

Just an FYI, it can get cold here. It is not unusual for the overnight temps to be in the 40's and the days to be in the 80's. So pack accordingly and remember sunblock, especially for the ride.
    I will work on a route that goes through town and and shows off the celebrity homes of Palm Springs and finer architecture of the mid-century. It will sound something like this, "someone famous lived there, someone famous built that"
    I think the best place to meet is Sunrise Park were you will sign in for the tour. There is amble parking, bathrooms and when we get back you can register for your ride.
    Jones

Oh and biker Hen if you bring your DH I will bring my DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    Just an FYI, it can get cold here. It is not unusual for the overnight temps to be in the 40's and the days to be in the 80's. So pack accordingly and remember sunblock, especially for the ride.
    I know it does get nippy there . . . but I have to laugh. I haven't have a ride in temperatures above 20 degrees for two months! Actually I'm hoping for cooler weather for this ride. I'm a happy camper at about 50 degrees. If it hits anything over 70 degrees I might have a heat stroke. I am definitely all over the sun screen! We've hardly seen the sun since the first of the year. Aint Doody, you better bring a BIG can of fake tan to share!

It sounds like a perfect pre-ride ride. I take it we are doing this on Friday, gulp, the thirteenth? Can my cousin come along too. He's doing the ride on Saturday and might want to join us. bikerHen

My daughters told me they have their school walkathon and I can't remember when it is, but I think it might be on the Friday so let me find out this afternoon and let you guys know.
    Biker Hen feel free to bring your cousin.
    Jones

This sounds just great. So after Jones gives us the appropriate day, will we meet at 10 at the park? or 10:30? My dh and inlaws might just come by to wave at us, but none of them would even dream of hopping on a bicycle.

The walkathon is this Friday so Thursday or Friday for the TE ride? Both are good for me.
    Jones

Maybe since bikerHen has to travel the furthest, she should decide. And what time to meet??? I'm really looking forward to this.

I was thinking about doing this(the TE ride vs the Tour de Palm Springs, but can only do friday.
    PS> don't sweat it too much if Thursday works better for everyone else, I may be pushing it to do everything I've got on the schedule for that friday (which is what usually happens on my day off.)
    Last edited by Fredwina; 02-03-2009 at 08:44 AM.

Friday would work better for us. Anytime, mid to late morning is fine. Just tell us where to show up and when and we'll be there.

Can you local's give me the low down on the bike expo that goes along with the ride? My DH wants to know more about it. When, where and is it worth going to? Should I bring more money? Thanks! bikerHen

Can you local's give me the low down on the bike expo that goes along with the ride? My DH wants to know more about it. When, where and is it worth going to? Should I bring more money? Thanks! bikerHen[/QUOTE]

Hi Ladies, I've been lurking on this thread because I was so wishing I could do this ride. Problem: I have been off my bike since October due to various orthopaedic issues, etc. Re: BikerHen's question about the expo., mostly jerseys and other clothing - nothing really spectacular - some tire exhibitors, bike and chain cleaning equipment, etc. However, the best exhibitor I saw several years ago was Precision Sport Eyewear - the best sunglasses I have found, and I have been ordering from them ever since. Their prices are in the $20 to $30 range and you can try on all the styles and sizes. Of course, I don't know if that exhibitor will be there this year.

Anyway, I wish I could join you a meet all of you. Sounds like you will have a great time!!