Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Rocky Mountain Sherpa

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello!
    DH and I are planning to do the Transamerica route this summer.

LBS has a Rocky Mountain Sherpa on sale. I rode it yesterday, and I really liked it! It was comfortable, and I could see myself on it all summer (with a new girl-specific seat and bike shorts, that is!).

Any thoughts? Does anyone have one? Any advice before I decide to buy it or not?

Thanks!
    Slow and steady (like a train!)

http://kacietri-ing.blogspot.com/

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Looked it up online and it looks like a good, reliable bike that's been around for a while. I couldn't find any reviews of it (although I only looked briefly), but it seems like a great bike. If you love it and it feels great- then buy that puppy right away. Sometimes I think "to heck with what people think" and buy things that are not all that popular, but that I love. My touring bike (a Devinci Destination) didn't have a lot of reviews but I bought it on eBay sight unseen-in person anyway- and I LOVE it. Looks like Rocky Mountain bikes are Canadian built, like my Davinci. I think Canada can sure build some good touring bikes. They know how to build a bike to withstand tough conditions (I love our Canadian friends)
    Your bike looks like it has great components, a solid build (steel is always great), and a good history.

Are you riding E to W or W to E? I'm very excited for you, as I know you'll have a wonderful adventure!

here's a rave review of the bike: http://www.adventurecycling.org/foru...p?topic=4840.0
    Last edited by Tri Girl; 01-27-2009 at 05:12 AM. Reason: I can't spell :)
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Thanks!

I think I am going to buy it in the next day or two :-)

We are riding E to W. I am so excited about it! We have been planning and talking about it for the past year!

When/if you buy it, you know you HAVE to post pictures of it when it comes home. Will you be keeping an online journal of your adventure (on CGOAB or a blog?). If you do, please post it so we can all follow along with you.

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)

I bought it today

It is still at the shop because I want them to move my fenders and racks from my aluminum commuter over. It felt so weird to just leave it there!!

I am really excited about the possibilities I am going to have on that bike!

I am not sure about a blog, but if I start one for the trip, I will be SURE to post it here!!

Yippeee! Congrats on your new bike! Please post pics when you get it home so I/we can drool over your new ride.

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)