Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Five Boro Bike Tour?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Every year I consider doing this since the city is less than 2 hours away. Anyone done it or heard good/bad things about it? Need to register early.
    Girl meets bike. Bike leads girl to a life of grime: http://mudandmanoloscycling.com/

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I can't do it this year, but I hope to next year. I have a friend who did it a few years ago and had a good time. It's definitely on my list.

DH and I did it a few years ago, along with his dad and brothers. It's a neat ride, but it's also very popular and crowded. Go with a laid-back, "stop and go" mindset, especially at the start, because the congestion makes it difficult to steadily cruise along. I recommend sneakers and flats, or mtb shoes and pedals.

We actually didn't get to do the whole route, because we were too far back in the field, and got diverted to a cut-off. If I were going again, I'd aim to be up front as much as possible.

Have fun!

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    A similar ride in DC is the 50 States Ride. It's unsupported, on-your-own ride with cue sheets and lots of people on bikes. If you complete it, you ride on every state avenue in DC. I made it about half way through a few years ago before I had to peel off for a music lesson. Lots of fun and a great way to explore the city.

I did this ride back in 2003. It was crowded but I enjoyed it.