Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

My how that little PP has grown. She's still cute, though and her mom does pretty well in that category too!

I too love the pic that you got a few years ago. I still have my slipper- now on my spin class backpack to remind me of the Cinderella and the many friends I've met on the way.

Which reminds me- we usually do a little pre-Cinderella dinner the night before. Last year we did it in Rockridge close to BART, but I still like the Pleasanton option better. Oh for the good ole days when Snap and Trek rode this ride.
    Nancy

Thanks, Nancy.

I think she was basically on the verge of tears for the last 10 miles, and you can kind of tell she's not exactly at her best in the pic. I got separated from them so I didn't get to experience all that. But she did it.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by Bike Goddess View Post
    Oh for the good ole days when Snap and Trek rode this ride.
    And dinners like this (page 14)

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showt...=13597&page=14
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I'm excited! Being newly returned to the Bay Area, it'll be my first Cinderella! Looks like a blast!
    Be yourself, to the extreme!

Quote Originally Posted by Bike Goddess View Post
    ... Oh for the good ole days when Snap and Trek rode this ride.
    I doubt Snap will be back on the bike yet by April 4, but maybe she'll come to the dinner? And I do think Trek is planning to ride ... right, Trek??? You ARE going to ride this year, aren't you? You aren't just signing me up to ride all alone, are you??? And maybe Knot will ride too ...
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

Yay! They cashed my check I'm in! (I know, overenthusiastic noob!) I had planned to ride my first metric last fall, but things went nuts, so this puts me back on track.

It's OK to be an overenthusiastic noob, Cinderella is an excellent choice for your first metric. Have a great time, just remember to avoid the packs.

Was awesome!!!!!

Pictures please! Ride reports

Here are Duck and Bike Goddess

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=30113
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton

My pics didn't come out so well, so as my first big ride, here are the stats:

hilites:
    seeing the bazillion bikes at the first stop

not getting mushed, or causing a wreck (which was my biggest fear)

food- my vegy sammich, soup, and beer post ride. I INHALED It. It was the best food I've ever eaten...

beautful weather

lemon drop dude, even though I had to spit it out so I didn't choke on it...

It was a great day...

This year I did the challenge route as well. I'm glad I did. I think the comment "It's 1 3/4 mile to the top of Patterson Pass", was what did it for me. I've done that ride before (last year) but not part of the Cinderella ride and didn't remember much about the climb except that it was HARD! Surprise to me- this year it wasn't that bad and I made it to the top in fine style! The new route is much nicer as we really did just ride country roads with very little traffic.

This was the best Cinderella ride I've been on yet. Maybe that was because we left later (8:10). It was a pleasure to ride with so many gracious cyclists- they thanked people in cars for waiting, thanked the cops, thanked the support folks, thanked the rest stop folks- just a lotta thank yous which I dont' often see on other rides.

Tofu- have you met the Benicia Bike Club folks? They are talking about a cyclist from Martinez and I wondered if it was you????
    Nancy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gnat23/...7616322324139/

I did the Challenge for the first time. I was a little disappointed that it was not a full-century (85 miles), but "chasing the windmills" was great! Awesome descent out of the first BIG climb!

I was having terrible chain slippage all day, then finally snapped my rear derailleur cable at around mile 60. SAG was able to get me sorted and sent me back on my way to finish strong (whew).

Love the energy, creativity, and friendliness of all the women about. Always a favorite ride for me (even with mechanicals).

-- gnat!

It was great, I had fun, the weather was beautiful, I am very proud of my big sister or should I say older sister because she's smaller now though she's still taller than me but she's smaller, not that she was big before, not that it would be a bad thing ... oh sod it I had a sucky ride.

I completed the ride, skin side up, rubber side down (I heard riders reporting crashes they saw, I did not witness any or the aftermath, hope all are ok) but slower than ever and just a mass of whining :

my helmet's uncomfortable - whaaaaa
    wrong water bottles (short ones, hard to reach, sip, and ride) - whaaaaa
    forgot both my sunscreen and butt balm - whaaaaa
    my foot hurts - big whaaaa and thoughts of Keens and new pedals

I could go on but then you'd all say "whaaaaaaa"

I've been doing more Aikido and Knott says I look more "compact" but Aikido fitness is not bike fitness though good to have on the bike. Nothing says "I'm trained! Let's ride " like ... well duh!! ... riding.

The riding I've done has been on the commuter and I spent the first 10 miles or so remembering how Campy works.

That's ok, right? The route starts out flat.

Did I mention the ride organizer found every hill in the first 15 miles or so? The route was much more scenic, quieter, less traffic, not like it used to be though the business parks. More hills. Thanks ride organizers!

All the while Trek's muttering "uh, Campy, so the thumb thingy on the right, gears go down? or up "

Oh how the mighty have fallen

I wore the Fat Cyclist jersey. Some riders passing me must have thought "oh cool, here's a fat cyclists with a jersey for Fat Cyclists" and "is that a Clydesdale? Cool!" but I had a chat riding briefly with another rider who said Fatty is her DH's favorite website. Another rider at the last rest stop is riding with Team Fatty at Livestrong rides. Some just passed me with a hearty "Win Susan!" instead of calling out my usual name "hey, on your left"
    Last edited by Trek420; 04-07-2009 at 05:43 AM.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton