Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clif Bar Recall

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yikes! Back in Dec. I bought quite a few of the Crunchy Peanut Butter bars (my favorite flavor) and the Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch bars. I'm down to one of each left and sure enough, the "sell by" dates fall within those on the recall list.

I've had tummy troubles for several weeks. I thought I had picked up a bug, but now I wonder if I got some tainted bars?

My husband, how shall I say it.... "bonked".... several hours after eating the recalled Cliff bar. He's an airline pilot and almost didn't make it through the terminal in LAS before finding a restroom.
    Last edited by CycleTherapy; 01-26-2009 at 08:14 AM.
    "Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart...Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens." Carl Jung

I got an email response from a Clif rep yesterday, quite nice:

Dear Emily,

We are glad that you contacted us with your refund request and recalled bar information. I am emailing to confirm that we have received and processed your request for a refund.

We will fulfill your request as soon as possible, but please allow several weeks due to processing and mailing.

We urge you to throw away any of our recalled products to ensure no one mistakenly eats them. We do not need the wrapper so please dispose of them properly. No other Clif Bar & Company products or flavors are included in this recall.

Thank you again for contacting us. You have my sincere apology for your inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Allison
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Every Peanut Product From Ga. Plant Recalled FDA: Toss Out Anything Made in 2007-08

"My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks