Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Coming to Auckland!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello! My partner and I will be working in Auckland for about 3 months, beginning in early February. I'd love recommendations on rides, bike shops, and a good way to buy a couple of decent used bikes (we've decided not to go through with the hassle of taking our own).

Thanks in advance for any and all info.

ooo

Will you only be doing roadie riding? Mountain biking in enzed is much better..Auckland(Jaffaland or Dorkland) traffic & public transport is crap . Utter crap is the best word...

Millienz lives in the Auckland region, hopefully she'll see this! Perhaps a nice ride round the Hunuas . (psst...A nice mtn bike ride in the Hunuas )

Where in Auckland will you be staying? If you're staying on the shore biking to the city will be harder.

Check out www.vorb.org.nz & see if someone on the forum can assist!

Auckland...Honolulu... now San Diego.... where next ?!?
    Hi there !

As CC says, I live in the South side of Dorkland Whereabouts are you moving too ? And what sort of riding do you like ???

Auckland has several mountian biking areas, Woodhill & Riverhead up north, down southside, there is Hunua, Whitford & a small area in Pukekohe And that's about my limit of knowledge of mountain biking Although if you are happy to explore Rotorua & Taupo are excellent for off roading !

Road riding is not for the faint hearted in central Auckland, Clevedon area is a a well known road cycling area with beautiful countryside....... arriving in Feb you'll have plenty of nice late summer days to get out.........There is a very good club that rides out Sunday mornings from Ardmore www.cycleclub.co.nz I think Cycle City at Manukau do second hand bikes, but if you can be bothered with driving around looking then www.trademe.co.nz is your best bet.............. there are several ladies cycle groups around depending on your area.

Feel free to PM for more info
    People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things - Sir Edmund Hillary

Thanks so much for the info, gals. I'm sorry it's taken awhile for me to get back to this forum... been wrapping up things to get ready for my trip! I'm not quite sure where in Auckland we're staying yet, so I'll have to look around once there.

We do a little mountain biking, but a little more road biking. I'm sure we'll be weekend warriors and go out and explore. We'll look into some of your recommendations. Thank you!