Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Talking Back in the Saddle

To disable ads, please log-in.

Whoo Hoo! After a month of record breaking snowfall, I'm back to commuting! Thanks to a week of rain and warmer temps, the roads are mostly rideable again. There are ice berms here and there to avoid, and a few spots where I have to ride out in the lane but over all not to bad. Beats riding the trainer any day. The weather is suppose to be dry the rest of the week so I'm hoping for a whole week of commuting. bikerHen

Yea! Bikerhen! Y'all have had some dreadful weather in Spokane for sure. I was able to get on my old Schwinn that lives at work today and ride down to Quizno's to pick up lunch. It was soooo much fun--except for all the gravel in the bike lane.
    Tis better to wear out than to rust out....

Hey, at least you HAVE a bike lane. Ours are, for the most part, more snow/ice berms than bike lane. And I hear you about the gravel, I'm so happy to have my fenders when riding through all this mess. But this too shall pass. Now I'm hoping I can get home tonight, in the dark, without finding any ice or pot holes. bikerHen

I just wanted to say congrats on getting back to riding again. I think I am getting myself ready to be able to communte when I need to with my hardtail. I was looking at bike lights the other day at one of the shops. How cool are they?

Be safe and enjoy the road.

Red Rock