Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho

Bodyworlds in Houston

To disable ads, please log-in.

If you live in/near Houston and you haven't seen the Bodyworlds exhibit, consider it. I went to the one in Salt Lake, UT last night and was blown away. Wow. It looks like the Houston exhibit goes through February (ours closes on Sunday). As an athlete I really appreciated the opportunity to see this exhibit. Amazing.

I traveled to Indianapolis to see it - simply fascinating. The human body is an amazing machine and this exhibit only drives that point home. Controversy aside this is a once in a life time experience and well worth the trip.
    Marcie

Quote Originally Posted by makbike View Post
    I traveled to Indianapolis to see it - simply fascinating. The human body is an amazing machine and this exhibit only drives that point home. Controversy aside this is a once in a life time experience and well worth the trip.
    That's the difference between the Bodyworlds exhibit and the "Bodies" thing. Bodyworlds donations are documented and known to be voluntary. (The humans, anyway, from the photos they apparently have some animals too.)
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    I saw it when it was in Boston (at the Museum of Science) and highly recommend it--it is really cool!
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    If you live in/near Houston and you haven't seen the Bodyworlds exhibit, consider it. I went to the one in Salt Lake, UT last night and was blown away. Wow.
    Whew, I am so glad you did this after we left. I just couldn't.

As an "athlete", I'd just be thinking of where all those little aches and pains are coming from . . . in between bouts of nausea. It just aint me. And my ex-path lab mgr/vietnam vet/hubby said he couldn't stomach it either, but he's seen things I NEVER want to see.

Glad you enjoyed it without me.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

I think I could handle this but I don't know. My husband's aunt and uncle went to Houston and thought it was really cool. But I can't say I wouldn't yack everywhere so I don't think I will make the 3 hour drive to Houston.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I thought it was fascinating, but my sister couldn't eat meat for weeks afterward.