Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

selle italia mens saddle

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have a selle italia my riding buddy pulled out of his garage, that was hand me down from another guy. I have narrow hips and small sit bones, so I find that the mens saddles work best for me. I am getting the one with the cut out spoken as above, new as a present( what a great present!) , and I will tell you how I go too.
    I have had some problems training myself to sit properly too, not being strong enough for group rides yet so riding alone for last year.I had pain in my shoulders( moved seat down a bit, it was quit high as I was so flexible thru yoga, my good salesman thought perhaps it may suit me).
    Then I had elbow pain( stopped locking my elbows,mainly in spin class, and concentrated on doing just that on every ride), then numb hands. I suffer from bad circulation in hands, so Im not sure if Its leaning to far forward or body design problem.
    Sitting up higher make a huge difference in arm pain for me.I am tired when I come home from work, and leaning on hands ( due to tired back and tummy) and not keeping abs tight seems to cause pain.
    Pilates, as said before is great. I do sit ups too.

Quote Originally Posted by DebTX View Post
    But I worry that I'm really putting my weight on my soft tissue, instead of my sit bones. While they make contact with the saddle, I don't think that's where my weight is. I know if I tucked my sit bones under, putting my weight on the bones themselves, I'd be able to sit upright on the bike (maybe hands free for a moment, like folks do crossing a finish line). That's something I can't do now - my weight is too far forward.
    If your weight is too far forward and you really have to try to rotate your pelvis back to be on your sit bones then I think your fit has way too far of a reach for you. How was your professional fit accomplished?

Another thing I think about with your problem could be lower back and hamstring flexibility or a possible lack thereof?

Anywho, wanted to offer some different suggestions outside of the saddle conversation. Good luck with everything!!

Quote Originally Posted by DebTX View Post
    . She thought the "Bontrager Inform RL WSD" would be good for me.
    I ride that saddle! I tried a few and found this one to be good because the cut outs in the other ones just seemed too large for me. It felt like my bones were straight on metal. BAD. So far its been probably 1000+ miles and we are still getting along.

I will say that the first few rides were not pleasant. It seems we needed just a bit of time to get used to one another.