Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yes, the ride actually starts at the Hostel in Littleton that we rode by on Sat. It's almost the same ride that Steve arrowed, so there are plenty of cues. We can plan for a later date, in July.

Robyn

See you sat.

A nice ride on a hot morning...

Thanks to Spazz (Gena), newfsmith (Jean), and Robyn for driving here for a ride today. We had a nice wander through North Andover and Boxford this morning. Hot, hot, hot - just checked the temp, and it's now 87 degrees out. (Hard to believe the forecasti is for the temps to be in the 50's tomorrow - what a contrast!).

Thought I'd upload the pics from the end of our ride before I head out again. I'm just 19 miles short of getting to 1000 miles so far for the season, and for some reason I have it in my somewhat crazy head that I want to get there today!

Pictures anyone?

No, Gena did not ride with one bike shoe & one non-bike shoe - I just caught her in the middle of her shoe change!

Here's Jean on her snazzy new yellow Felt.

Robyn & I were comparing our different versions of helmet head. I promise, I'll get in closer (for a better picture) next time!

Yup, that's me with another good case of helmet head.

Pictures uploaded, time for more sunscreen, a quick snack, and a few more miles on 2 wheels for me!
    Last edited by DeniseGoldberg; 06-05-2005 at 10:48 AM.
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

Thanks grrls, it was a fun ride. And thanks to Newfsmith for checking on me after my little crasherini AND for fetching the water bottle that fell off (as a result of crash damage) further up the road.

And now we know why my name is "spazzdog"

me

fun pics Denise. hope the rest of your ride was fun.
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Thanks Denise

It really is fun riding other peoples routes for a change. Good luck on your tour, Denise. Maybe next time we can do some "south of town" roads. It was fun meeting you, Spazz. Did I tell you that the very first ride I took on my new bike I crashed it because I grabbed for the brakes on the top of the bar out of habit? Robyn, I got home and checked the calendar, we are going to be in Onset the 18th, sorry that sounds like a nice ride.

Quote Originally Posted by newfsmith
    Maybe next time we can do some "south of town" roads.
    I'm definitely up for a "south of town" ride! It will be interesting to see how much (or if) your routes overlap with the roads I tended to wander on when I lived in Easton.

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.

It is fun riding other people's routes. Thanks Denise, for the pretty ride. It amazes me that there are still places in MA, not so far from where I live that I have never seen. Spent a very warm afternoon in JP getting my settled in his apt. I think that I was the oldest person around!

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseGoldberg
    I headed to Beverly (on the coast) and then up to Ipswich before turning towards home again.
    I just wanted to stop in and say HI on this thread.
    I grew up in Ipswich and my mom and sister still live there. I now live in western Colorado (cycling heaven!). I have not been "back east" to visit for several years. I am hoping to visit back home and bring a bike with me! I was not into biking before I moved to CO. There are many places in Essex County that I want to explore by cycle someday....

Cycle on ladies!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by surlypacer
    ...I have not been "back east" to visit for several years. I am hoping to visit back home and bring a bike with me! I was not into biking before I moved to CO. There are many places in Essex County that I want to explore by cycle someday....

Cycle on ladies!!!!!!
    Make sure to let us know if you're going to be visiting Massachusetts with your bike - sounds to me like that would be a good time to organize a ride!

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com